Customer Service 866.965.0400

Putting Different Products on Pads

DP 08 GXP

Question

well after i showed my Dad what i could do to his trucks paint (heavy swirl marks from using a dish towel all its life) with Adam's and my PC he asked me a question tonight. he wanted to know if he could borrow my PC. the thing is he uses Car Brite products and is getting stuff from the dealer tomorrow and wants to use my PC and pads. i would do anything for him but the thing i am worried about is the fact that junk is silicon based and i am afraid it isnt goin to completely come out of the pads after washing. i know Junkman said he never mixes products on pads so i was wondering what you guys thought? if i let him use the PC and my pads should i never use that pad again with my Adam's stuff or would i be alright if i washed it extremely well? thanks!

14 answers to this question

As a rule I never ever mix products on pads, theres any number of problems that could present themselves. Maybe order yourself a set of new pads and gift your 'old pads' to your pops... even better offer to let him use your Adams products for his project tomorrow... I'm sure one spin with the SHR/FMP combo will have him saying "carbrite what?"

As a rule I never ever mix products on pads, theres any number of problems that could present themselves. Maybe order yourself a set of new pads and gift your 'old pads' to your pops... even better offer to let him use your Adams products for his project tomorrow... I'm sure one spin with the SHR/FMP combo will have him saying "carbrite what?"

i wish that was the case...he will always use it no matter how much i show him that Adam's is better...i just ordered pads monday so if i would have known he wanted to use it i would have added a couple more. maybe ill just have him give me his plastic and ill order him a set lol

:iagree: Let your dad borrow your Adams products as well.:cheers:

trust me i have shown him what Adams can do to cars and asked him if he wanted me to get him any and for some reason he thinks Car Brite is better...he is one of those people that are almost impossible to get to change when it comes to anything...he is also the type that wouldnt let me do his whole car because he likes to do it so he is what i would call stubborn. i will keep tryin to get him to switch but i have a feeling it will never happen.

trust me i have shown him what Adams can do to cars and asked him if he wanted me to get him any and for some reason he thinks Car Brite is better...he is one of those people that are almost impossible to get to change when it comes to anything...he is also the type that wouldnt let me do his whole car because he likes to do it so he is what i would call stubborn. i will keep tryin to get him to switch but i have a feeling it will never happen.

I know man , my father in law is the same , you can't tell him nothing , his way or the highway :)LOL

Kinda reminds me of the older fella I used to see at the local oodles-of-swirls car wash (aka do-it-yourself car wash)...this guy used to use PLEDGE to polish his car after drying it. When I asked him about it, he looked at me as if "I" was crazy...:willy:

I know man , my father in law is the same , you can't tell him nothing , his way or the highway :)LOL

Not all of us older guys are that way. My son, who is now a husband and farther can't believe how much smarter I'VE gotten in the last few years. :o

Like everyone else though, I know a few old geezers who know it ALL. I have a 70+ y.o. neighbor that thinks there are only two ways to do things.

His way and the WRONG way. :2thumbs::bow::2thumbs:

Some minds cannot take being unplugged from the Matrix. :D

Archived