Customer Service 866.965.0400

pic's of places you like to drive.

NightMare Silverado

Route 1! (Pacific Coast Highway) My wife and I love to drive up to monterey bay from LA when we can get away for a weekend. Its about a 6hr drive on Route 1, but its worth every minute. Fun hairpins and stunning views. These were taken in my old scion tC.

I try to take hwy 1 from San Francisco to Santa cruze it's about a 3 Hr 150 mile drive but I love it. On another note I drove down to monteray bay about 6 months ago and it was a beautiful little town. We stopped for breakfast at a little surf shack on the pier and it was some of the best food I've ever had.

We always stay at the spindrift inn on cannery row (on the water) right next door to the Godiva chocolate store (this is strategic) it's one of the nicest places we've ever stayed - very quiet, romantic. They only have 42 rooms for the whole hotel. All the rooms have wood floors and fireplaces, the windows open up so you can listen to ocean when your just chillen in the room (assuming you get an ocean view room).

Is that about 3 blocks away from the aquarium? If so we parked like 30ft away when we took our day trip down there.

Thats the place! I highly recommend it if your planning a monterey overnighter.. they always have good deals in early spring. :2thumbs:

Driving through Nevada isn't as fun as it sounds :lolsmack:

I did cover 103 miles in 57 minutes once though (closed highways obviously :jester:)

Yea, I've actually done it a few times in various cars... an MR2, my mom's CTS and a Kia Spectra. Those can be some looooooog boring drives. Especially that run across the top of the state from Utah to Reno. 420 miles of pretty much nothing. :jester:

Is this New Smyrna beach? I grew up in Orlando and would spend many days driving my truck on the beach. In the day we could camp overnite.

Daytona. I've spent the night on the beach a few times too - Daytona and Flagler/St. Augustine, but that was a looonng time ago! :D

Now we go to Cocoa (30 minutes from east ORL) and get a cheap room, but my son has camped at Jetty Park a few times.

Yea, I've actually done it a few times in various cars... an MR2, my mom's CTS and a Kia Spectra. Those can be some looooooog boring drives. Especially that run across the top of the state from Utah to Reno. 420 miles of pretty much nothing. :jester:

My family and I did that drive about 2 years ago. I get stuck driving that section at night. All I can say is that 2008 ford expeditions will cruise over 100 without a problem. You should have seen the look on the hertz guys face when we returned the truck though. We picked it up with 200miles on the clock and returned it two weeks later with over 4000 miles. We made a road trip from San Fransisco down to L.A., across California, eventually up to Glacier national park, over to Seattle, and back to San Fran. It was one heck of a trip.

Archived