Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Pads on Mequiar's DA

MburgWVDetailer

Question

24 answers to this question

Michael Stoops at Meguiars says:

"The G100/G110a were rebranded Porter Cable 7424 machines. The G110 was our own design, and the G110v2 is our own serious upgrade to the G110."

Have you ever taken one apart? The insides are the same as the PC's. I don't know what part they designed. Maybe they added the handle, but that's about it.

I got it for 150 dollars along with the full line of the mirror glaze products and a finishing and foam pad. They had an early bird special at the show I got it at and I'm guessing they were trying to get rid of the G110 to make room for the G110v2. Can you get good deals for Adams products if you stop by their both at a show?

Yes Show prices are better! Plus no shipping!:thumbsup: That is the time to stock up.:cheers:

I got it for 150 dollars along with the full line of the mirror glaze products and a finishing and foam pad. They had an early bird special at the show I got it at and I'm guessing they were trying to get rid of the G110 to make room for the G110v2. Can you get good deals for Adams products if you stop by their both at a show?

I would disagree since they are nothing but rebadged PC's. The G110 and the V2 come with a lifetime warranty when purchased at a Mirror Glaze distributorship but the price is stupid crazy. $250 each. The UDM is exactly the same as the PC-7424XP.

I was referring to the original UDM 1.0. The UDM 2.0 is the same PC. I keep forgetting they did this...

The G110 was more powerful than the PC 7424 as measured in OPM's -- about the same as the UDM. It used all the backing plates, etc the PC did.

However, it was short lived (2 yrs) and replaced with the G110V2 which is an all new design that rivals the PC XP and other DA polishers.

Power-wise, both the G110 and the G110V2 are exactly the same. The G110 was 800 OPM's more powerful than the PC-7424. It was basically an early intro to the PC-7424XP. The G110V2 is nothing more than a PC-7424XP rebadged for Meguiar's (just as the G110 was). If you have either machine, it will work fine as I have used them extensively side by side and have not seen any noticeable difference. The Adam's pads will also fit fine or you could change the backing plate if you prefer.

I would say no since Meg's comparison between the UDM and G110 are not the same based upon OPM's, noise level, weight, etc.

I would disagree since they are nothing but rebadged PC's. The G110 and the V2 come with a lifetime warranty when purchased at a Mirror Glaze distributorship but the price is stupid crazy. $250 each. The UDM is exactly the same as the PC-7424XP.

There is no need whatsoever Jared to replace the machine that you have. It will work just fine.

Good info Bunky... is there any truth, that your aware of, to the rumors that the G110 has the same guts as the UDM?? I've heard it mentioned more than once in passing, but never have been able to verify if it were true or not.

I would say no since Meg's comparison between the UDM and G110 are not the same based upon OPM's, noise level, weight, etc.

I got a good deal on it and it has works great for me. I used it to take some pretty bad rain spot and swirl marks off my black Mustang. I see no reason to buy a new DA until this one let's me down.

Agreed 110% I meant no disrespect... :bow:

The G110 was more powerful than the PC 7424 as measured in OPM's -- about the same as the UDM. It used all the backing plates, etc the PC did.

However, it was short lived (2 yrs) and replaced with the G110V2 which is an all new design that rivals the PC XP and other DA polishers.

Good info Bunky... is there any truth, that your aware of, to the rumors that the G110 has the same guts as the UDM?? I've heard it mentioned more than once in passing, but never have been able to verify if it were true or not.

For those who care, I like pictures... Definitely NOT a PC D/A... If it is, it looks to be a cheaper design than the PC's we're accustomed to.

Chris

I got a good deal on it and it has works great for me. I used it to take some pretty bad rain spot and swirl marks off my black Mustang. I see no reason to buy a new DA until this one let's me down.

they will work. I have the backing plate off maegs DA on my pc and they will fit.If you have the same plate as me its just smaller than the one adams sells with there pad kit. nice thisng about the adams one is it centers the pad where the megs one u have to eye ball it

Archived