Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where did these color spots come from?

dumbmoran

Question

:help:

Hey Folks,

After using the hand polish kit from Adam's, which BTW I was very impressed with the results, these radiant rainbow color spots showed up when looking at the vehicle in the sun. It's like looking at a color prism, but without the lines, only the dots. The surface is very smooth, but was wondering if these probably are due from using other products in the past, such as Meguiars NXT, Blackfire Wet Diamond, Ultima and of course, was suckered into using those Zaino Polishes (They still swear to this day to only use 100% made in the U.S.A white cotton towels, which, unfortuately, is a thing of the past)

Maybe it was the application process or something else that went amiss at some point in time

I would also wash the vehicle with Dawn Soap to remover the prior application, and have clayed the car once in January.

I'm currenlty working with Dylan, the tech support represenattive at Adams, who by the way is an excellent guy, on setting up an appropriate kit that includes a Porter Cable polisher to remove these color spots as well as the swirl marks/spider webs left behind.

BTW, the vehicle is a 2010 Black Honda Pilot.

Any feedback would be appreciative, especially if you've incurred these spots on your vehicle at one time or another

All the best.

Like I said in our original conversation David, the use of some of those products might explain the rainbow effect the specs seem to have. The same way a puddle with motor oil has a rainbow in it... some of the product lines you named include products that use petroleum based fillers... that might be whats causing the rainbow, but hard to say without seeing it in person.

I'd also like the rest of the forum to chime in... this place is more of a think tank than most people realize so please, everyone chime in.

Its also possible that the paint has a slight flake to it, I'm not up to speed with my Honda paints so that might be another issue we're seeing. Do you know the factory paint code and/or the factory paint name??

I would say that is the sun reflecting off of your metallic paint, or the swirls are acting like a prism. Once you get the porter cable you will be able to get the swirls out and you will know for sure. If the spots are still there after swirl removal it is a reflection in your metallic paint if not it was the swirl prism thing. Of course these are my best guess, someone else may have a better answer.

Archived