Customer Service 866.965.0400

Decal Care

blackSRT10

Question

Hey fellas, hope everyone is having a good day out there.. nice and sunny in CT finally and I just got my adam's gear for my new SRT :)

So I have a decal on my SRT and I'm curious about the best way to detail it. I've seen many different write ups in previous posts and I was hoping to kind of clear up the different things.

Some people say treat the decal as you would normally treat your paint. Clay it, wax, etc. Some people say don't touch it.

It would be nice to see a good write up or if someone has a link that would help me tremendously.

Jerry

15 answers to this question

is it flat black or the fake carbon fiber? it looks flat black from the pic.

The only thing you have to do "special" is tape off the edges if using a pc if polishing by hand your fine.

wash, wax, clay and polish like you would paint, Thats what I do and my vinyl looks great.

I'm going to disagree with Stephen on this one. I would not polish the vinyl. There is no clear coat to remove on vinyl. I'm currently just claying and waxing the vinyl stripes on my Camaro. I do plan on ordering Adam's clear polish to try on my stripes the next time I place a order. I'll let everyone know how that pans out when I get around to it.

I've hand polished all my flat black vinyl using shr and revive. Vinyl pucks up water spots ect way worse than paint and hand polishing made it look new again.

My stripes are glossy, so I'm afraid to remove the gloss with SHR or FMP.

I can't believe I didn't see this sooner. I clay my stripes. But the only way to get the white dots that eventually accumulate on the stripes is by using peanut oil. Make sure you tape off the paint around the stripes because the peanut oil will take the wax off. Rub some peanut oil on your stripes and it works wonders. Then wash the car and put some wax on it. Good to go.

Archived