Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not a 110% satisfied Or am I...

19stang88

Question

Today I attempted to correct my paint from swirls and scratches with the PC and SHR with the orange pad at 5 OPMS with 9-10 lbs of press or enough to bog down the PC. Most of the swirls came out except the deeper scratches. I ran my finger nail across the deeper scratches and my finger nail didn't stop or get caught in the scratch. I did 2 passes with the PC. Do you guys think that I should use the more invasive method ie yellow pad. I followed the same techniques as JUNKMAN did in his videos. Before I return my products, should i purchase a yellow pad or is there something i can do with the orange pad that can make it more effective.

Thanks, David.

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You having a new non oem clear may also mean it's MUCH harder than OEM cheap clears."

Yeah i don't know how hard BASF DIAMONT clear coat is, i know it wasn't cheap. I will try to tackle this again, with more patience and passes. Also, is it true that clay removes wax?

The name of that clear leads me to believe it is pretty hard. Also yes clay will remove wax.

"You having a new non oem clear may also mean it's MUCH harder than OEM cheap clears."

Yeah i don't know how hard BASF DIAMONT clear coat is, i know it wasn't cheap. I will try to tackle this again, with more patience and passes. Also, is it true that clay removes wax?

Just take your time and do a few more passes with the Orange pad, you'll be fine :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agreed! TIME TIME TIME! I plan on putting my G8 on jack stands in another month a driving my truck for a few days so that I can spend some quality time on it.

You having a new non oem clear may also mean it's MUCH harder than OEM cheap clears. You may REALLY have to work at it long and hard.

Adams products WILL work... Using a PC just takes time and patience.

Dang everybody is so helpful! Like junkman said years of damage is not going to be corrected instantly, true. But i just painted my car in November. So i figured its not going to take a lot of passes to remove swirls and deeper scratches. I want to re-work it and take a little more time in a 2x2 section. Wish i could find my camera's charger so i can take pictures, its actually a big difference! If im not satisfied, I'm calling Ashley for a yellow pad! Thanks everybody for the help, and Junkman for the needed insight.

Just take your time and do a few more passes with the Orange pad, you'll be fine :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

From my moms truck

IMG_0369.jpg

So after clay and my first pass with SHR and the orange pad it looked like this.

IMG_0367.jpg

WAY better but I wasn't happy with it yet so I make another pass around the whole car and really slow down my movement of the polisher and put down a nice coat of Americana... Americana is the most BA wax Ive ever seen by the way and the paint now looks like this

IMG_0370.jpg

and I know I didn't get a before pic of the whole truck but here she is after 5 hours of hard work.

IMG_0371.jpg

I can say if it is not working it is not the product.

This is the best I have used, and with good technique, it works very well. If you are unhappy, maybe the paint was trashed farther than polish will do. That is not the products fault.

Archived