Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW... works great but smells like sh....

iiiJEFFiii

Question

I've been using MSW for a while now and I must say that it works great! But what is it about the MSW that makes it smell so funky? I find myself checking under my shoes alot while I'm using it... just to make sure. Love the product! Just wish something could be done about the horrible smell!

Maybe the stank of the smell is in the nose of the sniffer, or we are all perceiving the smell differently.

LOL @ in the nose of the sniffer. Apparently we really are perceiving it differently. Some people are saying that their's smells bad while other's are saying that it smells like grape. I can definitely say that mine doesn't even have a hint of a grape smell.

Despite the smell, it's still an awesome product! :2thumbs:

You guys are hilarious... I could send you some chemicals used by other companies that would make MSW smell like pretty roses by comparison.

I agree it doesn't smell great, but I wouldn't qualify it as the putrid ooze some of you seem to think it is. And on that note... how close are you putting your nose to the paint where you can't avoid the smell if you wanted to? :lolsmack:

i just got my first bottle a wk ago so its not old unless it was at the store for awhile but its not like the smell is so bad that you cant use it, its just not as nice as the other which is fine with me cus its an awesome product

Oh, don't get me wrong. As far as the performance and durability of the product, it's awesome! It's the reason I still continue using it despite the smell. You guys are probably right though. I think I've gotten somewhat spoiled by Adam's products usually smelling so good. That's what really made me question MSW's smell. Why do some people's MSW smell like grape while other's say that it smells offensive? Different batches? Improvement in the product line?

The smell is a result of it being such a substantial mix of polymers... a small price to pay for super durable protection.

As Adams customers we get a tad spoiled by smells, not many product lines out there put as much thought into that part of the equation. There are some truly offensive smelling products out there that I've used in the past... MSW is not even that bad relatively speaking.

My MSW smells chemically. I got one of the first batches of the Americana and that smelt offensive. The folks @ Adams offered to replace my wax and I declined as it works great. I guess we are spoiled in that other products smell so good. I could honestly care less what the waxes smell like. I use the MSW and Americana religiously now and have no plans in stopping due to the results.

mine smells funky but every other product smells like you want to drink it

So yours smells funky too? Everybody else says that theirs smells good. There isn't an expiration date or something that I don't know about, is there? Mine seriously does not have a pleasant odor to it at all. I have had it for quite a while now though so it is fairly old.

I do not have MSW but I have never heard of a complaint about its smell before. I would call Ashley Monday and she will get you squared away.

Me either, but I love the smell of the MSW. And just about every other Adam's product with the exemption of the APC!

Archived