6x12 enclosed trailer with barn doors

Pressure washer

Generator

65 gal water tank

Metro vac n blo

I also keep a hose and was bucket with me

Also I only use Adam's products

What kind of info are you looking for?

How is the business? Is it a full time or part time gig? You have a price sheet on what you charge? I was thinking about doing it on a part time basis but was curious on how long it took to recoupe your original investment.

How is the business? Is it a full time or part time gig? You have a price sheet on what you charge? I was thinking about doing it on a part time basis but was curious on how long it took to recoupe your original investment.

I detail on the side and it would take me a long time to recoup the cost of all my adams. I just do it for a few extra $ to take the kid to the zoo or something.

I charge 60$ to wash clay and wax(tires trim ect). most people wont pay for a full 10+ hr polishing job

i do the "on the side" stuff to, but i am talking about the mobile stuff with the 100 gallon water tank, generat9or and all that jazz. the on the side stuff is cool but i am thinking there is some money to be made driving around and washin cars.

Its easy money for somebody that likes to cut corners.

For me doing it the right way I can do around 6-7 cars a day doing in&outs on them taking my time. ($20-$30 ea)

I also have an account cleaning buses every other month and I have a plane I detail prob about the same.

I only do it on the side right now as I have a full time job to make 100% sure money is coming in and on my off days I go out and clean cars. Tomorrow I have a full salon lined up because of word of mouth.

I have around 5k into all my business.

You dont need an enclosed trailer but for the little bit extra money its worth it for the security and keeping your equiptment out of the weather.

I went around to the car wash places in my town and based my prices on that but just a little bit higher.

Alot of people would rather have somebody come do it instead of letting god knows who come pick it up and take it to have it cleaned.

I'll tell you this, when the weather gets right I'll be doing it full time.

• 11 months later...

Yes sir its money into it i been doing it for 15 years .we detail aircraft,auto,boat&rv's. I advised you to take courses on detailing or work with someone to learn the buiness.to be come profitable you must know how to become a good business perrson first and a great detailer second.if have any questions pm me ,i will give you all the advice you will need. Put god 1st you will be ok