Customer Service 866.965.0400

new member with some questions

wils5150

Question

hi everyone i just joined here and have a couple of questions. i am going to pull the triger in a month or so and stock up on some adams products. just not sure which ones yet lol. my truch needs some pc love but what concerns me is I do not have a garage or a shady spot to work in. so is it ok to use these products in the sun. i do get some shade in the evening so i could work then but it would have to be in stages. is that doable? i am leaning towards the junkmans kit because it looks to have everything i would need. and input would be great.

wils

14 answers to this question

hello-1-1.gif:hi::hi:

The Junkman Kit is a great investment. Everything to need to keep your car looking fantastic!!

I get have alot of trees around me so I have not detailed my car directly in the sunlight so I am not one to answer a question about that. I know alot of people buy tents to cover the car while they detail.

Hi Paul! Welcome to the forum. You can use Adam's in direct sunlight, but you don't want to do it on the hottest days. If you can do it when it's between 60 and 70 that would be the best. Or maybe even if you could get into one of those self wash car wash bays for the day out of the sun, that would be better.

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

Welcome to the forum Paul!

I work in stages and I have a garage. I recommend doing it that way as I don't see how you could possibly remove years of damage in one day. Thus, work in stages so that you don't wear yourself out and start getting sloppy. I work directly in the sun at the car shows and it can be done, you just have to know how. If you don't, the product starts to cake up on the pad and flaking everywhere. Also, dealing with a hot car surface is tricky too when claying.

Hi Paul! Welcome to the forum. You can use Adam's in direct sunlight, but you don't want to do it on the hottest days. If you can do it when it's between 60 and 70 that would be the best. Or maybe even if you could get into one of those self wash car wash bays for the day out of the sun, that would be better.

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

Welcome to the forum Paul!

I work in stages and I have a garage. I recommend doing it that way as I don't see how you could possibly remove years of damage in one day. Thus, work in stages so that you don't wear yourself out and start getting sloppy. I work directly in the sun at the car shows and it can be done, you just have to know how. If you don't, the product starts to cake up on the pad and flaking everywhere. Also, dealing with a hot car surface is tricky too when claying.

:iagree: :iagree: Especially on darker color cars.I would try my best to find some shade. Again :welcomebanner: Paul.

I get up @ 04:30 - everyday - on saturday by 06:30 my ride & wife's toyota are washed and waiting for the unoffical suburbia noise hour ( 08:00 ) to start. Coffee / paper & cigar time. My point is - get up / get it done early and you won't have to worry about sun & heat. Do wheels & chrome last .

the truck is my daily driver so i realize it wont and cant be perfect. once the sun starts setting later in the day i can get 3-4 hours of moderate shade to work in maybe do one side then the other on another day. i have watched all the videos many times. and fell i can do it. I think i know the answer to this but are there any time saving short cuts? like i said its my daily driver so i know it woun't look perfect but i like it to look good.

the truck is my daily driver so i realize it wont and cant be perfect. once the sun starts setting later in the day i can get 3-4 hours of moderate shade to work in maybe do one side then the other on another day. i have watched all the videos many times. and fell i can do it. I think i know the answer to this but are there any time saving short cuts? like i said its my daily driver so i know it woun't look perfect but i like it to look good.

"There is either do, or do not. There are no short cuts!"

yoda_big.jpg

Archived