Customer Service 866.965.0400

red clay vs blue clay?

GTO Guy

Question

14 answers to this question

i believe there are a couple of grades of clay but some of those are like body shop grade that will do some serious work on your paint.

when you say "serious work" do you mean it is like a 3000 grit sand paper?

i've used the red(bought it by accident) only on paint right behind the wheels where tar and other contaminants (black spots) are. the vehicle had never been waxed and it seemed that the blue wasn't gettin it. i was reluctant to use the red because it seemed very gritty and harsh and would not use it on my paint except on harsh contaminants with LOTS of detail spray

Hopefully Adam will chime in on this. In the past there have been some strange things going on involving clay; I'm not even sure if I"m getting the details right... that said:

Colors have some reference to grade of aggressiveness

there was some trademark or production license issue that prevented Adams and some others from selling certain color/grades of clay for a while

And more drama. Again, I'm not sure of the details, but it was strange.

Hopefully Adam will chime in on this. In the past there have been some strange things going on involving clay; I'm not even sure if I"m getting the details right... that said:

Colors have some reference to grade of aggressiveness

there was some trademark or production license issue that prevented Adams and some others from selling certain color/grades of clay for a while

And more drama. Again, I'm not sure of the details, but it was strange.

I think the patent end in 2011.Then you will see another color.;)

I saw some Red clay that was "medium grade" vs the blue that i have always used. Anyone tried teh 2 back to back? I was wondering what the difference.

Junkman...ANYONE>!>!>!>?

The blue clay is all that a weekend warrior should use. Medium grade clay is going to require a polisher that is stronger than the PC to remove the damage that it will cause. It is used in the auto body repair industry. Don't even think about going that route unless you are an expert in wet sanding.

The blue clay is all that a weekend warrior should use. Medium grade clay is going to require a polisher that is stronger than the PC to remove the damage that it will cause. It is used in the auto body repair industry. Don't even think about going that route unless you are an expert in wet sanding.

THIS is what I was looking for! Glad i didnt buy it!

Archived