Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scoobah's first detail job!

Scoobah St3ve

Question

So I had my first ever car show to go to on Saturday and decided to order the polishing kit. After about 3 hours of work, I managed to do the top of the trunk, the roof, and the hood. These were the areas with the most notable damage! I have to do the sides still, but these are how the pics came out! I also wiped down the whole car with detail spray and man it came out good :)

Here is my hood before and after...

Before

DSC00003.png

After

DSC00004.png

I also used the APC to help clean the engine bay. It was pretty dusty but nothing too bad.

Engine bay

DSC00007.png

A few shots

DSC00008.png

DSC00009.png

DSC00011.png

DSC00013.png

DSC00014.png

Here is my hood after following the junkmans videos

DSC00010.png

Overall this was my favorite shot of the day

DSC00012.png

What do you all think?

25 answers to this question

When you put a coat of Americana on over that MSW it will be dazzling. That is just stunning - great job. It provides another good example for the rest of us black car owners!

Thanks. Yea I am gonna get some americana most likely in the future. Right now im saving for the car wash kit so I can do it at home.

My pictures really seemed to interest some of my friends. im hoping I can do some to pay off the polishing kit. Then here comes the wash kit!

Hyundai Genesis - kudos to hyundai on that car! If you get the v6 its keeps up with the camaro v6.

There is a video of a v6 smoking the camaro v6 on the strip. The camaro owner had a horrible and I mean horrible start though.

I have a 2.0 4cyl turbo. With some bolt ons and a tune, the turbo can beat the v6 genesis.

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!! Look at the shine on that thing!! You sir just earned a spot on my wall of fame that car looks fabulous!!

DSC00012.png

Im honored! Really, it was hard work, and took a long time, but man it was nice to see it shine like that.

Im hoping to do some friends cars for some extra money (like 50-75 bucs for detailing) , and having a pic like this will show them.

My car had a ton of swirls already, so i took it to a local car wash (i know I know but I got lazy and since my car was already swirled I took it there).

Then just clayed, SHR, Machine polish, and SMW. Then the morning of the show, I just detail sprayed the whole car.

GTO a lot of people do not know. I get looks all the time in my car. Its awesome. Its a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

I can't wait to get some buttery or American wax later on!

Do any of you know if APC will remove pain from my wheels if I painted them with engine enamel?

Wow that looks great! Real nice shine on the hood! Love the car too man, keep it up!

Thank you sir!!!

I really need to order the microfiber kit. I also want to buy some shelves for my garage to store everything.

Its a shame at the car show to see so many cars with swirls... I want to help them. there were over 100 cars there. Some had flawless paint and others, well not too good lol.

Archived