Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Increases - Not Big!

Adam

Friends, thanks very much for your business. You have helped us grow by a huge margin, and I am incredibly humbled by your kindness, loyalty, and business.

Thank you.

We uploaded an application last night that aligned our products costs with the retail costs. Many of you saw price increases on about a dozen items.

I went through the site after the prices were adjusted, to realize that we haven't raised prices, while our costs have gone up considerably.

Why?? You must want to know!

This will help explain why we raised prices on several items:

1. Clay Bars are supplied and manufactured by 1 company for distribution in the USA, Auto Magic. They raised prices by $2.90/ bar. We raised our price by $2.00. (We look forward to the end of the patent, so we can offer better clay for less money! 2011 is the expiration of the patent.)
  2. Microfiber Towels: Microfiber is not made in the USA, and is only made in Korea, or China. Our microfiber products are all Korean, where the best towels are made, and the workers earn a fair wage. We had a price increase in these towels in June, 2008, however, have not increased the price until now.
  3. Prices on chemicals have risen over the past several years, and we have not passed on those increases. When the price of the gallon containers rose this year, we decided to initiate a slight increase to a few of our gallon products.
  4. Prices on premium foam we use on buffing pads and hex-grip applicators have increased twice over the past three years, yet, our retail prices have stayed the same.

So, why now, are we raising prices? It's after an exhaustive examination of our Cost of Goods Sold, we realized that over a dozen items in our inventory were selling at or below our cost.

Make it up in volume? Well, that is an interesting theory, but it doesn't pay our team members to give you the best customer service we can possible provide!

Why? Premium products are made with expensive raw materials, and are backed by excellent customer service. That's right, if you have a problem with a product, we make it right. 110% of the time, no excuses.

So, are our products worth the extra? We certainly hope so! I believe we deliver on our promise to offer the best car care products in the industry, backed by the best customer service, with the only 110% Unconditional Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee.

I went back and adjusted most of the prices to previous levels, as I wouldn't appreciate a price hike during tough economic times, and am sure you will appreciate that as well.

If ever you feel that we can do something better as a company, or have a suggestion as to how I can improve as the founder/ president of Adam's, please contact me directly.

Thank you for your kindness, thank you for your business, and thank you for your loyalty.

Sincerely,

Adam Pitale

Chief Detailer/ Founder/ President

Direct: 720-473-7102

Cell: 303-718-9480

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

This is why I purchased Adam's Products. I haven't even used them yet (still waiting on a few items to arrive), but I know they are going to be great because the information available here, customer serivice, 110% satisfaction, and becuase the owner will get on here and explain why he had to raise a few items prices. :2thumbs: Where else can you find someone like that?

Raise them back up! I'm sorry but coming from a family owned business I know how this works. The only way you stay in business is to #1 be competitive and #2 Treat your customers like YOU'D like to be treated and #3 charge your customers... lol

Being competitive is OF COURSE more than price alone, and you do a VERY good job at being the stand out in the industry. I believe the service you provide is worth a premium. Like the old adage says... You get what you pay for. Right?

Keep up the great work Adam. You've got a great company. From you all the way down to Dylan... hehehe lol Well Dylan is the newest so hence the bottom right? lol J/K

Cheers,

Chris

Too bad other retailers are not this honest, I can honestly say that Adam's Customer Service is the best Bar None, not too mention it is mostly internet based. I look forward to using my products and if they are half as good as the service I received I will be completely satisfied. I have used one other competitors products when I got my Camaro, I did not get much help in using the products, thus my results were not good. The knowledge on this forum, help from Adam's Team and fellow members is invaluable to me, especially being new at this.

I apprecaite the information on the price increase, I wished every business did that, for example went to the store last night and Milk went to 6.00 a gallon, crazy. Thanks Adam for the explanation. New and sold customer, John

I understand the price increase. It is completely understandable. I think we were all more surprised than anything else. We had all been used to seeing prices at a certain price and all of the sudden that changed.

Adam just a thought if you have to raise your prices to keep up with your increasing costs go for it. That is just smart business sense. I would rather pay a little more as opposed to not having your products around at all. Wold it be possible to send out an email or make an announcement a few days before the next price increase? You could say something like;

Unfortunately our costs have risen and effective this date Xx/xx/xxxx we are going to have to raise our prices on these items to xx.xx. This will be your last chance to get them at the old price.

I am also more than willing to spend a few extra dollars in order to ascertain your wonderful products. Keep up the good work and I can promise you that you have created at least one customer for life. Even if your products only worked as good as the other products out there I would still continue to purchase your products because of the wonderful customer service and piece of mind provided by your 110% guarantee and ease of access for questions/complaints etc.

I understand the price increase. It is completely understandable. I think we were all more surprised than anything else. We had all been used to seeing prices at a certain price and all of the sudden that changed.

Adam just a thought if you have to raise your prices to keep up with your increasing costs go for it. That is just smart business sense. I would rather pay a little more as opposed to not having your products around at all. Wold it be possible to send out an email or make an announcement a few days before the next price increase? You could say something like;

Unfortunately our costs have risen and effective this date Xx/xx/xxxx we are going to have to raise our prices on these items to xx.xx. This will be your last chance to get them at the old price.

I am also more than willing to spend a few extra dollars in order to ascertain your wonderful products. Keep up the good work and I can promise you that you have created at least one customer for life. Even if your products only worked as good as the other products out there I would still continue to purchase your products because of the wonderful customer service and piece of mind provided by your 110% guarantee and ease of access for questions/complaints etc.

:iagree:Nice Ray

yeah I understand you are in a business first the point of being in business is to make money but not at the expense of the little guy. I feel that yes although some of Adams stuff may be expensive the price guarantee and the customer service more then makes up for the difference. And Adam through personal dealings with you and Ashley and Dylan that I have been thoroughly taken care of time and time again. I mean my wife has no qualms with me spending some of the money I do on your products (not all but most lol) because she knows how good the stuff is and she doesnt use it lol. But between the forum, the products and just the way im treated makes it more then worth it to me.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. A post like this BEFORE the price change would have been awesome to a frugal (cheap ***) like me. I know the prices will not be the same the monday afetr thanksgiving but if i went shopping on black friday and thought...na, ill get that on monday and went back to see it up i would be upset. Thank you again for the post adam and for all of what you do for us detail fans!

Adam, thanks for the memo.

STAY IN BUSINESS!! That means make the products that need to be made, provide the service that needs to be provided, and charge (for both) what needs to be charged!

Adam this is above and beyond the call of duty, and is why myself and I'm sure many others will continue to give you our business even when prices have to go up. Hey you and your employees have to make a living too and I think most of us understand that.

My message to all is that supporting American business, who hire American employees, and use as many American made products as possible is worth a premium price, especially when the products are this good. Don't fret over a few extra dollars that go to help out American's at a time when most businesses are supporting China.

Adam this is above and beyond the call of duty, and is why myself and I'm sure many others will continue to give you our business even when prices have to go up. Hey you and your employees have to make a living too and I think most of us understand that.

My message to all is that supporting American business, who hire American employees, and use as many American made products as possible is worth a premium price, especially when the products are this good. Don't fret over a few extra dollars that go to help out American's at a time when most business are supporting China.

Well put Jason.

I do not think you will get an argument from most on the forum on a price increase. Where else can one go to get the following?

1 Excellent product!

2 All products backed by a %110 guarantees!

3 Quick and inexpensive shipping!

4 Daily Specials!

5 Monthly Discounts!

6 Discounts to Military Members!

7 Outstanding Customer Service!

8 An owner that takes the time to talk and interact with their customers!

9 A fantastic forum filled with great people!

I am a total Newb when it comes to your product, but I have to say I would gladly pay a few more bucks for it. It is by far the best product that I have ever used with the bonus of all the things I stated above. Times are tough and fuel is on the rise again which adds a cost to every consumable. Raise your prices and stay profitable after all that is the reason you took the risk in going into business for yourself. :cheers:

Hey Adam. I am more than happy to be able to buy your products. Great products combined with excellent service, what more could someone ask for.

Successful businesses should make a fair profit and you deserve to make a profit on everything you sell.

I remain a loyal happy Adam's customer and thank you for being a rare commodity, a fair & honest business man. You will always have my business. :thumbsup:

I saw they went up and as a new user I was bummed. Well after I used the products, it is well worth the cost. Keeping my paint in awesome condition may help a lot with a resale later if I choose to go that route, same with the interior.

I used other detail sprays, and Adam's blows it away by far.

I am now convinced after one use and will be a lifelong customer if my finances permit.

The only thing I could see myself buying a ton of is the different sprays. All the polishes waxes etc seem like they could last a long time. I live in the desert so I just have to worry about dust and not so much rain.

Either way, if it makes your business more successful, raise the prices to what you need. I think like everyone else, just an email or post about the increasing prices would have been nice :)

The whole Adam's "experience" is so well worth what they charge. I mean, think of it this way... before you started using Adam's you were probably spending good money, $10 or $15 at a time, trying the flashiest-looking car care products you'd see at the auto parts store. And after all the steps and time spent you were never really 100% happy with the results or longevity of the products. So you'd try something else, and be kinda disappointed again and again.

And then you found Adams. You appreciated the quality feel of the MF towels, you got some honest, sincere one-on-one advice from someone like the Junkman, Dylan, Chris, or Adam himself, and the next thing you know your car is looking REALLY good -- pretty much the way you were always HOPING it would look when you bought those other products. And now you've got a shelf in the garage all cluttered with half-used bottles that you'll never use on your own car again -- because you've truly discovered something better: Adam's.

So a new Adam's product comes out, and you buy it just knowing how well it's going to work. And low and behold, it's even better than you'd expected. Now, instead of wasting money chasing a dream your buying good stuff and getting the results you want. And the friendships, the fun at the detail clinics, the compliments from strangers, and all the zaniness of AdamsForums are all just bonuses. :cheers:

When you look at it that way Adam's stuff is a bargain. And if it costs a buck or two more today than it did last month for Adam to deliver the goods, is that really going to be a deal-breaker?

Rich :rockon:

went to the store last night and Milk went to 6.00 a gallon

$6.00 a gallon!! :willy::willy:

It is $2.50 here. I think you might want to invest in a cow.

Do what you must Adam...

:iagree::iagree:

Everything goes up but usually it isn't by choice. :thumbsup:

The only thing I know that hasn't gone up is my house. :help:

Friends, thank you for your kind words, and I forgot to do one INCREDIBLY important thing:

I APOLOGIZE for raising prices without communicating with you, the life-blood of our company, first.

It's nice to be a part of an organization that can say, "Hi, we need to raise prices to be able to continue offering you the level of products and customer service you expect from us. Thank You for your loyalty, and we hope to earn your business for years to come!"

Thanks, and again, I apologize for not discussing this with you before implementing changes to our pricing.

-Adam:o

Well Adam, I hope you're listening to us now and are giving yourself a raise! Put the prices up. You won't lose customers because we've all learned that your products are second to none and worth every penny. :cheers:

Do what you have too.

I will pay a fair price for a fair product. I will pay a premium price for a premium product.

If you loose money and go out of business you don't do me or anyone else including yourself, employees or family, any favors.

Archived