Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing Question

lawdog

Question

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about detailing my car (since I have never done it before). I just recently ordered my first products from Adam's to maintain the car myself, including the polish and wax. I just recently had my car detailed (in February), by an independent, which included a wash, clay, polish and wax.

I want to maintain the shine and protection on my car. Here is my question(s). Do I need to stip the car and start all over, or can I maintain the current polish and wax I got from the independant with the Adam's products. If I can just maintain it, what Adam's products do you recommend I use to do that? I guess what I am asking is, do I need to continue to put polish and wax on my car, or do I simply wash the car on a regular basis and use detail spray until I polish and wax again. How long until I need to strip the car and start over again?

Thanks for the help!

Paul

9 answers to this question

You only use polish to remove swirls, scratches, water spots, etc. If your car does not have any of these you will not need to polish it. That being said I would watch all of Junkmans videos to learn about car detailing. Also if you wash your car properly you will never put any new scratches into the paint so you can get away with just rewaxing or adding a coat of brilliant spray glance to increase the shine. However I strip all of my wax off about twice a year. Once for my big spring detail and once for my big Fall detail. This stops a build up of wax which can sometimes give a hazy look to a car.

:iagree: pretty much what he said but to make sure the detailer did a good job I would suggest you do this first. Go look at the car in the sun or with some bright light and see if you have any swirls in your paint. Then take a plastic bag put your hand in the bag and then feel your paint. If its nice and smooth and you have no real swirl marks then your good. If you feel the grit under the bag test then you need to clay it again and start from there. Again i would definately watch junkmans videos and go from there before you do anything at all. And of course ask questions remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people that ask questions :jester::thumbsup::lolsmack:

Thanks guys for the info. I have watched a lot of the videos, I just didn't know if there was something I had to use to extend the life of the polish or wax. I will more than likely strip it and start over again in 30 to 60 days so I can get the results that so mnay of you have had using the Adam's products.

I appreciate everyone's advice on here. I have enjoyed learning and trying to figure out the best way to do things. I guess the best way to do that is to jump in with both feet, after doing some research of course.

Paul

To be honest Chris, I have not looked at it in depth and haven't applied the baggie test yet. I know when I picked it up from the detailer, the car felt very "clean" and smooth to the touch but did not do the bag test to verify. Also, it did not appear to have any swirls in the paint.

I was actually pretty pleased with the results from the shop. I simply do not want to have to pay an arm and a leg every few months when I could do a better job myself with superior products.

And Daniel, I agree. I think they did a great job, and am in no way slamming deatil shops at all. I simply am amazed at the incredible results people get with the Adam's products and want my car to look that incredible as well.

Several things sold me on the Adam's products, including the customer service and the cars after the use of the Adam's products, but mostly because they are so user friendly. I REALLY can't wait until my shipment arrives.:banana:

Archived