Customer Service 866.965.0400

Your detailing soundtrack...

Team Adam's

threadjacked.gif

My wife asked me the other day who my all time favorite band is, and my response - LTJ. I would love to get to one more LTJ show sometime soon.. I own every LTJ album ever made, I have been a big fan of almost all their newer music, I really liked In With The Out Crowd, and now GNV FLA. I havent been to a show in probably 6 years, and the last show I went to was a Codename: Rocky @ Chain Reaction in anaheim. The whole night all I could think was I'm too old for this shtuff.

Chain reaction, the glass house, and the barn were the favorite venues of those days. My buddies all played in The Underacheivers, they were only around about a year, as soon as their music got good, they broke up. One of my favorite shows ever was Static X, Slapstick, and LTJ @ the glasshouse. Ode to the good old days of punk/ska.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

threadjacked.gif

My wife asked me the other day who my all time favorite band is, and my response - LTJ. I would love to get to one more LTJ show sometime soon.. I own every LTJ album ever made, I have been a big fan of almost all their newer music, I really liked In With The Out Crowd, and now GNV FLA. I havent been to a show in probably 6 years, and the last show I went to was a Codename: Rocky @ Chain Reaction in anaheim. The whole night all I could think was I'm too old for this shtuff.

Chain reaction, the glass house, and the barn were the favorite venues of those days. My buddies all played in The Underacheivers, they were only around about a year, as soon as their music got good, they broke up. One of my favorite shows ever was Static X, Slapstick, and LTJ @ the glasshouse. Ode to the good old days of punk/ska.

Dude, you and I need to really chat at the next clinic... srsly!

• 1 month later...

Mine is an old one that takes the SD cards. I go through it now and then and see what I would not miss. Plus it was one reason we put an aftermarket radio in the impala so we had a connection for it. Radio and same cds can get tedious.

XM on Octane, Hair Nation, Faction, Liquid Metal, or Lithium.. Cant do the headphones thing.. need to hear phone, or boss.. she gets a bit testy if ignored! LOL

I know the feeling. :bow: I'm still trying to convince my wife to come help clean the Impala since 1) it's our only car, and 2) though it's in my name, it's HER car.:lolsmack: we'd sold my '00 cavalier 18 months ago almost. If I could get XM/Sirius my channels would be comedy (not Stern, though. Private Parts was bad enough), 70's, 80's, classical, jazz, hard classic rock, npr, Nascar, and MLB.

My soundtrack has been pretty heavy with some pretty angry music. I think its the fact that my garage is still full of stuff from the move and the parking outside thing is just really starting to get to me:

A little devildriver -

and some Mastodon -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U

Like I said... been a little aggro lately :explode:

I have a lot of punk and metal on my iPod. Also, I have quite a bit of early-mid 90's grunge on there as well. So I pretty much just hit shuffle and I am good to go.

Punk bands on my iPod:

Bad Religion

Social Distortion

Pennywise

Rise Against

Against Me!

Some of the Metal:

Metallica

Slayer

Sepultura

Pantera

Five Finger Death Punch

Plus a ton of other hard rock, grunge, "conscious" hip-hop, some blues and a little bit of reggae. I grew up in Cali during the 80's and 90's, (I'm 30) so those of you like me can probably relate to the eclectic taste.

I turn 30 in august and I'm a SoCal boy, born and raised... I can totally relate. :cheers:

I turned 40 in Sept and I can totally relate! I love angry metal.. makes me work harder..

Also.. Lzzy Hale is OUTSTANDING!

This is an acustic version done at a radio station.. her voice is AMAZING.. got to 4:40 in the video.. the rest is babble and crap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdb70kqBmWU&feature=related

When I lived at home still, I had an old tv in my side of the garage hooked to a vcr and would have old races playing while out there messing around. I wish I was 20 odd again. :o

Forgot to add this one... the song is great, love the lyrics, the video makes it even better.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XH3oMNKApI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XH3oMNKApI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Forgot to add this one... the song is great, love the lyrics, the video makes it even better.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XH3oMNKApI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XH3oMNKApI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ive never listened to anything while detailing

+2

Detailing, just like fishing is my ZEN. Time to turn the brain off and listen to the world around me. Buddhists call it meditation, I call it my quiet time. :)

Well, to be honest, when I did the '55 the only thing I had on was Adam's Volume 6 DVD on my portable DVD player in the garage. :thumbsup: It was a huge job so I had to make sure I did it right. Everything else, I have the music going.

I think when I do the the wheels on the '55, I am going with Tool's Lateralus album as my soundtrack. The songs are long and incredible to listen to with the ear buds in. :rockon:

My Dish Network system has the Sirius music channels. The B speakers are in the garage so it depends on my mood. Could be new county on the highway or classic rock on classic rewind or classic vinyl. Or maybe hair nation for 80s hair bands.

At the risk of being ridiculed; I take the lap top into the garage to reference the Adam's DVD, but I also take all 4 Fast and Furious movies and the original Gone in 60 Seconds movie (Not the Nick Cage version).

Offspring, Social Distortion, Screeching Weasel, Rancid, Iron Maiden, The Doors, Megadeth, blink 182, Bad Religion, Slipknot, AC/DC, Dropkick Murphys, The Bouncing Souls, Rise Against, NOFX, AFI, Children of Bodom, The Ramones, Motorhead, In Flames, Boston, Guns N' Roses, Green Day, Pennywise, Less Than Jake, New York Dolls....

Yeah I could go on, but really its whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. Could be anything from Johnny Cash to In Flames. I tend to favor punk rock a lot of the time though honestly for some reason or another:D

Archived