Customer Service 866.965.0400

How many passes for polish with PC?

mcimiluca

Question

18 answers to this question

so should i wipe off the FMP before i do the revive... and MSW isnt really necessary for garaged cars correct?

I'd skip the Revive and go with the MSW. I'm guessing your car isn't ALWAYS garaged... ;)

ok, kinda new here and have some question with these lengo

MSW - Machine Superwax

BSG - Brillian Spray Glaze

Is this correct that you guys use the first letter of the product or are do they mean something else. sorry for asking.

thanks

mike

I'd start with FMP like you want and see if that does it. You can also try FMP with an orange pad if the mood strikes you. It's really up to you.

Remember... More of an art... less of a science.

Chris

That helps clear some things up... Basically what im trying to do is maintain my finish as of now. Its a brand new car... but i wanted to do some polishing and waxing on it within the week or two. theres not many swirl marks and scratches because its brand new paint. i was thinking of doing some FMP, followed by revive and americana since its garaged kept. Does that sound good?

Sounds great if there is only micro swirls in the paint. If you dont suceed with fmp on the white pad try shr on it. if that doesnt work i would go with the orange pad and SHR.

That helps clear some things up... Basically what im trying to do is maintain my finish as of now. Its a brand new car... but i wanted to do some polishing and waxing on it within the week or two. theres not many swirl marks and scratches because its brand new paint. i was thinking of doing some FMP, followed by revive and americana since its garaged kept. Does that sound good?

All depends on the severity of the finish. There's no written rule. Most people will do a few passes and then move to the white pad and if not good move back down...

Watching Adams, and Junkmans vids will clear a lot of this up.

It's an art and it takes many times before you have a complete grasp of it.

Chris

:iagree:

I'm with Chris. It really depends on the condition of your specific finish.

That being said, once I've done the car, it normally takes me 2 or 3 passed to maintain the surface i want. But I'm really picky... really picky..

I might spend 20 minutes on a single panel, if the spirit moves me. :pc::pc::pc: I love the PC...

All depends on the severity of the finish. There's no written rule. Most people will do a few passes and then move to the white pad and if not good move back down...

Watching Adams, and Junkmans vids will clear a lot of this up.

It's an art and it takes many times before you have a complete grasp of it.

Chris

Archived