Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to restore shine to clear?

G8V8

Question

Hello all. My wheels are painted black with machine-cut spoke faces and the entire rim is clear coated. The clear coat has lost some of its luster and I was wondering if there are suggestions and products to use to bring it back. Ifit was my car's paint I would pull out my Adams PC and FMP but not sure about the wheels. The edges and shapes make using the PC seem impractical. Any sauggestions?

Thanks,

Ed

17 answers to this question

Looks good. Those wheels make the GXP brakes look tiny.

Yes. They are 'just" 20s but the black rims and silver spokes make them look bigger. You should see them with the GT rotos. You could change pads with the wheels on, well not really but you know what I mean.

Haven't seen you around much... any changes to the car over the winter?

Yes, with the hard winter we had not much detailing for the car. It was just a struggle to try and get the salt and crap off of it.

I added some underhood bling and replaced the chrome window trim with Holden black trim.

I just installed the engine bay items last night. BTW, I love what VRT and VRT/water in spray bottle do to an engine bay.

DSCN0084_1951.JPG

DSCN0078_1945.JPG

DSCN0077_1944.JPG

DSCN0069_1936.JPG

DSCN0067_1934.JPG

DSCN0070_1937.JPG

DSCN0065_1932.JPG

DSCN0086_1953.JPG

Some photos with the black trim taken last fall.

angle1Alo.jpg

DSCN0513_1589-2lo.JPG

Hey Ed long time no see!

I would use the MF applicators with Revive followed by Americana or Buttery!:thumbsup:

Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pads, Pkg/2

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="46%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Revive Fine Hand Polish</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Wax

The clear coat on your wheels is no different than the clear coat on your wheels, but obviously getting a PC pad on a complex surface like that wouldn't be feasible. Work the products by hand and you will get the best possible results... even look into getting the flip pad or the hex grip pads to bump up the polishing ability a tad.

Archived