Customer Service 866.965.0400

Camaros beware

mobilman

Let Motor Week get a hold of that Mustang and see if it's worth to buy.;) New Mustangs are very nice and sounds great, but i would buy a Camaro any time over a Mustang.:rockon:

A bottle of Adams DS says they like the Mustang interior better...

Heck the current model stang beat the Camaro and Challenger in points in Car & Driver.

Not everything is engine size and BHP IMO.

I want a well thought out interior as well and no disrespect to the Camaro owners but that interior is like something from Fisher Price IMO.

Chris

I guess you can say its "pre-production" but the cars are getting shipped out in like a month or 2... it's not like they are not building the production cars yet. So the HP that that car put down has to be close... and like Chewy said, the Camaro is kinda fat compared to the mustang. So, More power and less weight... I think the stang will surprise a few people :D

But I will agree... only buy american :patriot:

I guess you can say its "pre-production" but the cars are getting shipped out in like a month or 2... it's not like they are not building the production cars yet. So the HP that that car put down has to be close... and like Chewy said, the Camaro is kinda fat compared to the mustang. So, More power and less weight... I think the stang will surprise a few people :D

But I will agree... only buy american :patriot:

I imagine the stangs are going to be a rocket ship.

I imagine the stangs are going to be a rocket ship.

Agreed :thumbsup: I also cant wait to see one with like full bolt ons... I wanna hear this thing with a full exhaust :D

The only slight problem is that the new 5.0 "coyote" V8 is a high compression motor... and thats normally not good for lots of boost. But I'm sure with the technology today, a good tuner will be able to make the motor adapt to modifications very nicely.

Is it just me or do all mustangs with an exhaust sound the same. I can hear a V8 pull away from a stoplight and I will say that is a mustang 9 out of ten times I am right. I cannot differentiate any other V8's but for some reason the mustang stands out. I wonder if it will still have the mustang sound.

Is it just me or do all mustangs with an exhaust sound the same. I can hear a V8 pull away from a stoplight and I will say that is a mustang 9 out of ten times I am right. I cannot differentiate any other V8's but for some reason the mustang stands out. I wonder if it will still have the mustang sound.

bhahahaha I know exactly what your talking about. I have heard 15+ different set ups on the same 2 valve 4.6 V8's and I can always tell it's a mustang. It might sound slightly different depending on the setup but you for some reason can always tell... idk how to explain it, or why that is.

I have a strong feeling this will sound different, but still good. With most everything on this motor being new and now with aluminum heads instead of cast iron...

The Mustang sound were used to might be gone (maybe, maybe not)... but I have a feeling this might be the start of a new and very aggressive sound that we will like.

I mean the stock exhaust note in the dyno videos sounded good.... now just throw an o/r H or X pipe on there and a nice catback system... :banana::thumbsup::rockon::2thumbs:

The mustang isnt far off weight wise from the 03-04 cobra's when they came out and the ne w11 stang puts down more power to the wheels than the blown cobra's did. I think it will be a strong runner. I want to see the comparo between the camaro and the stang, i remeber hearing guys cry when the cobra came out cause it was blown and its not fair and it has to be blown to make that kind of power blh blah blah,we all know what those cars are capable of with some light modding and i think this car will b the same. Im just glad there is a hp war still going on between ford and chevy all it does is make life greater for us. I did look at a new camro today and i like the outside styling but i cant get past the interior,sorry i just looks to cheap to me.I am a ford guy so i will put my money on the stang lol

The mustang isnt far off weight wise from the 03-04 cobra's when they came out and the ne w11 stang puts down more power to the wheels than the blown cobra's did. I think it will be a strong runner. I want to see the comparo between the camaro and the stang, i remeber hearing guys cry when the cobra came out cause it was blown and its not fair and it has to be blown to make that kind of power blh blah blah,we all know what those cars are capable of with some light modding and i think this car will b the same. Im just glad there is a hp war still going on between ford and chevy all it does is make life greater for us. I did look at a new camro today and i like the outside styling but i cant get past the interior,sorry i just looks to cheap to me.I am a ford guy so i will put my money on the stang lol

Agreed, I always hated when Chevy people or other Cobra haters would be like... well your cobra needs a supercharger to go fast. Well sorry my 4.6L V8 doesn't make enough power like your n/a 5.7L!! Camaro/Trans AM does. Its like come on, we have a smaller motor... deal with it. Don't hate the player, hate the game haha ;)

And ya, both Chevy and Ford both under rated the LS1 and the 4V Cobra motor... and yes they both did wonders with bolt ons. Like with a cam and an exhaust the LS1 put out like 400 WHP+.... thats nuts. I mean if the Ford guy decided to buy 4 cam shafts then we would prob be the same but most don't wanna spend that kind of money on one mod lol.

Just face it, Ford has kind of... hit a few road blocks after the 03/04 Terminator. But now... now Ford has come back to play the game and they are not messing around hahaha. I cant wait to take my grandparents new Mercedes and act like I have money :D and then go to the nearest Ford dealership and test drive one of these babies :burnout::burnout:

A bottle of Adams DS says they like the Mustang interior better...

Heck the current model stang beat the Camaro and Challenger in points in Car & Driver.

Not everything is engine size and BHP IMO.

I want a well thought out interior as well and no disrespect to the Camaro owners but that interior is like something from Fisher Price IMO.

Chris

I have not seen or sat inside of the Camaro and Mustang in person yet. I have notice that Auto makers are making these interiors all plastic:confused:it's just make things look to cheeze. I'm glad to see Ford put the 5.0 back out on the market so let the car war begin.:burnout::banana:

I'm a "GM guy" at heart but I really like the new Mustang for two reasons:

1) Ford seems to know better than GM on how to build a lighter sports coupe. I think it's crazy that the Camaro is as heavy as it it.

2) Competition improves the breed. Without a strong Mustang, GM would be less likely to be building today's gonzo-hp Camaros. (or building them at all).

In fact, I think the reason today's Corvette is as good as it is is because of the chase it got from the Viper. :2thumbs:

I'm a "GM guy" at heart but I really like the new Mustang for two reasons:

1) Ford seems to know better than GM on how to build a lighter sports coupe. I think it's crazy that the Camaro is as heavy as it it.

2) Competition improves the breed. Without a strong Mustang, GM would be less likely to be building today's gonzo-hp Camaros. (or building them at all).

In fact, I think the reason today's Corvette is as good as it is is because of the chase it got from the Viper. :2thumbs:

:iagree: Hats off to Ford for keeping themselfs alive from last year and now the 5.0 is back look out.:burnout:

motor trend tested a new gt,went 12.8 at 110. 0-60 in 4.3. The V6 went 13.7 at 102. Now ic ant wait to see the comparison test and see the numbers against the camaro. I know what I am ordering this fall

A Camaro Z28?

:lolsmack:

Lol, are they going to do the Z28? Was talking to the wife and if I can get her car paid off then she said I could order a new shelby. What can I say I'm a die hard for guy lol no camros for me.

There hasn't been any official word of a production Z28 yet.. Rumor is a 2012 Z28 pushing 500+ HP (and probably a 50K price tag) around the camaro forums though.

I read in a magazine (can't remember what magazine) a few months back about a z28. Magazine said that were probably holding off because off the goverment bailout. I believe it was suppose to have the LS7 out of the z06's.

Kinda like a Hardley... They ALL sound the same... They want it that way and I think Ford probably tries VERY hard to do the same.

The new 5.0 revs to 7000 RPM! Holy CRAP! That's AWESOME for a "low" dollar American car IMO!:bow:

People are going to say and have said it'll cost a fortune to tune an already VERY tuned engine to produce more power, BUT my issue with that is. Most (85-90% is a guess) people don't mod their cars. 412 or 435 or what ever the REAL number is, is pretty awesome IMO... .94 G's in the skidpad is STUPID good as well for it. This is going to be an amazing car that will ONLY make the others more amazing IMO.

Chris

Chris

Archived