Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you get rid of Rock Chips and Fish Eyes?

Z71_Denali

Question

my car came from the factory with a couple of fish eyes in the paint. is there a way to get rid of these?

also, i also have a couple of rock chips in the front bumper and side fender... any of you have tips on removing these? i did a google search and there is lots of companies that make repair kits and such. but couldn't really find anything on the fisheyes.:help:

17 answers to this question

thanks Adam!

i looked at that kit, seems pretty easy to use.

as for the fish eyes, i guess i will just grit my teeth and not look at them!

i figure the best time to take care of those rock chips is when it is starting to get warmer outside, probably something that is really only required but once a year.

looks like both kits cost roughly the same.

the Dr. Colorchip basic kit is $39 and comes with everything needed, but does not come with a "prepaint" cleaner to clean the surface. you could get a small bottle of paint prep cleaner for about $10 at a local store probably = total cost $50 plus s&h

the Langka kit is $39 and comes with everything including the prepaint cleaner, but does not actually have the OEM match paint. it has to be bought separately. you can buy a small 0.5oz bottle of duplicolor scratch fix 2in1 for about $6 = total cost $46 plus s&h

The thing i know i like about the Dr. Colorchips kit is that you can actually leave the paint smeared on the chip for days and still be able to remove it with the solvent solution......basically you can't screw anything up with it.

good to know :rockon:

My concern is - well, does this stuff work as well on a fiberglass panel? Or am I just a moron...

or both?

:lol::lol::lol:

I am so bummed. I just hand waxed my Charger for the first time this year and I found all kinds of tiny scratches from the winter and some chips from a big county salt truck that decided to go flying by me over the winter. :willy::willy::willy:

Guess I will have to bust out the PC. :pc: