Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep scratches

XQIZT

Question

In my "pre-Adams" days, I must have gotten some kind of grit below a wax applicator and I have about 7 half swirl marks in the hood. I tried SHR on the yellow pad and passed over it several times...even reloaded the pad...I think they are lessened, but not gone....any ideas?

9 answers to this question

I cannot feel them with my nail...they do not "catch"...and I can't really get a good shot of them with my camera...you really gotta be right down near the surface, looking across the surface to see them.

did you clay bar before using the S&H Remover?

if not follow these steps using the small 4inch pads and a cordless drill (taken directly from Volume 6 Instructional DVD):

wash

clay bar

S&H Remover on yellow pad

S&H Remover on orange pad

Revive Polish on white pad

wipe everything off and see if it went away

I washed and clayed first. The whole car needed the full treatment (SHR, FMP, BW, BSG). There were a few minor places that needed further attention. After 2 attempts with SHR on the orange pad, I got bold and stepped up to the yellow pad with SHR (2 attempts)...then white pad with fmp...still no dice. :confused:

I will address individual "deeper" scratches (that by experience I've learned I can't remove easily with machine) by themselves, by hand prior to a full exterior detail. Depending on how bad they are. I'll use anything from SHR to Scratch-X to a mild Rubbing Compound. I work the product in the direction of the scratch carefully, wipeing often to observe my progress. Lastly I work my way back up from what removed it to the product I'll be using first by machine. Oh, and it usually gives the Triceps a good workout!

Thanks all for the tips...I might be the only person that can see them...but because I know they are there it drives me crazy.

AJ?

How 'bout this? I keep a note pad with me, when I see a scratch on my GTO I'll write down it's location so as I start my next detail I can actually locate it again to remove it!

How 'bout this? I keep a note pad with me, when I see a scratch on my GTO I'll write down it's location so as I start my next detail I can actually locate it again to remove it!

Wow...that takes obcession to a whole new level!!

Archived