Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help us help you!

How much do you like shopping at adamspolishes.com  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like shopping at adamspolishes.com

• Terrible... if the products didn't work I'd never go there.
    • Not so hot... but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    • Indifferent... Never really thought about it
    • Good... not perfect, but good, informative, and functional.
    • Perfect... don't change a thing.

Hello loyal customers and forum members :hi:

I have decided to take on the task of cleaning up our website a little and wanted to get some feedback from the people who matter most.... you guys!!

I'm not planning any sweeping changes, drastic remodels, or aggressive renovations, but the store has been getting a little shabby lately and we want to make your online shopping experience as awesome as possible.

I've attached a poll... please vote on the scale of 1 to 5 (one being horrible, 5 being perfect) what your overall opinion of http://www.adamspolishes.com is and your experiences shopping there. I figured I'd ask you guys b/c most of you use it more than anyone else!! :willy:

After voting please feel free to add any input you have. Please keep in mind this isn't going to be an overhaul, but are there small things we can change in the product descriptions, suggested items, page layout, etc that would make it look better or be more functional for you.

And no... a "FREE DETAIL SPRAY" button is not on the table for discussion :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a suggestion for the forum I belive I sent you once already Dylan. Can we double up the task bar so those of us who do 90% of out posting from a phone don't have to scroll back to the top of every page to hit active topics?

The store is perfect to me - simple and works.

A mobile phone friendly version of the store and the forum are in the works already. :thumbsup:

I think the daily specials should be left up all week in the specials section so we could possibly order more stuff or more choices at the end of the week.I think from some of the reading I have done on here that some members would rather have one big order instead of having to make 3 orders in a week.We could all catch a break on shipping multiple items and you would still be filling orders and maybe even possibly bigger orders.A suggestion that really needs to be considered.

Bare in mind that creates major logistical hurdles for us and the way our system operates, but the idea is noted and if we can make it happen somehow we will.

A mobile phone friendly version of the store and the forum are in the works already. :thumbsup:

As long as I can turn it off. I personally HATE mobile sites they are dimmed down and in general suck(no offense) I really like using the full site on my phone I just wish their were a tool bar at the bottom of thread pages so I don't have to scroll to the top.

Hey Dylan, Personally I like the site because it's easy to use... But...

Richer content and an "about us" link where Adam tells his story... The goal is to make people feel warm and fuzzy.

Take the vid off the front page and have a tab with all the videos in it. Put more content pics on the front page. A sort of collage.

Chris

Well I would like to see stuff left up on the site even if its out of stock and just put an out of stock across product with a rough date when it may be on the site again if you have one. If you see something in the forum and then look for it in the store and dont see it i think it is discouraging to people and they may look elsewhere to purchase the items.

The only real problems I've seen with the storefront are: inconsistency with typeface, size, and color in the product descriptions. For example , on the Cleaners page, I counted 4 different font sizes and 2 different fonts, and the Glass Sealant description is in red text while everything else is black.

A simple fix would be to add a #desc element in the CSS file and use span style="desc" instead of declaring the style attributes at the beginning each description. This way, all the descriptions appear in uniform and when you add a new product you won't need to worry about which font, size, color, decoration, etc to use.

The only suggestion I have is have the coupon/gift card box placed farther up on the shopping cart page. That got me on my first order not knowing where the coupon box was. Other than that the site works great for me.

Two of the links I use most often on other detailing websites are "New Products" and "Special Values." I think it would be great to have both on the Adam's site.

:iagree:

New products would be a nice tab.. Specials section already exist.

I like the website and the new addition of the wish list. I know it is a long shot, but I would love a free samples section. When you place an order and meet a minimum price you could select a free 4 oz sample. This could be to try a product befor buying or to hand out to friends to get them hooked.

Well I would like to see stuff left up on the site even if its out of stock and just put an out of stock across product with a rough date when it may be on the site again if you have one. If you see something in the forum and then look for it in the store and dont see it i think it is discouraging to people and they may look elsewhere to purchase the items.

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe just have a section where each individual product is listed...This way, instead of trying to guess which section something is in, you can just pick each procduct you want and add it to your cart. Let's say you wantes detail spray, APC and FMP...thats 3 separate catagories. Maybe? Dunno.

I like the website and the new addition of the wish list. I know it is a long shot, but I would love a free samples section. When you place an order and meet a minimum price you could select a free 4 oz sample. This could be to try a product befor buying or to hand out to friends to get them hooked.
I think we should accumulate points by how much we spend to get free samples or just free stuff.This business or habit gets very expensive.

One thing I really would like to see is the label of each product right on the screen. Directions with application/use is important. PDF would be nice.

At this point I'm wondering how much of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to put in the bucket but unless I buy it, I won't know how many washes I will get out of one 16oz bottle.

Hope I'm not out of line with this suggestion...

Edited by Stan DaMann

One thing I really would like to see is the label of each product right on the screen. Directions with application/use is important. PDF would be nice.

At this point I'm wondering how much of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to put in the bucket but unless I buy it, I won't know how many washes I will get out of one 16oz bottle.

Hope I'm not out of line with this suggestion...

Very good suggestion