Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help us help you!

How much do you like shopping at adamspolishes.com  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like shopping at adamspolishes.com

• Terrible... if the products didn't work I'd never go there.
    • Not so hot... but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    • Indifferent... Never really thought about it
    • Good... not perfect, but good, informative, and functional.
    • Perfect... don't change a thing.

One thing I really would like to see is the label of each product right on the screen. Directions with application/use is important. PDF would be nice.

At this point I'm wondering how much of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to put in the bucket but unless I buy it, I won't know how many washes I will get out of one 16oz bottle.

Hope I'm not out of line with this suggestion...

That is a good suggestion. I use about an ounce per wash. Give or take a little bit. I just dump some in the bucket.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest you don't even need that much car wash soap. I still have half of my 16oz bottle remaining which i bought last year and I washed my daily driver at least a dozen or more times during the summer. it's very concentrated, and unlike other car wash soaps, there are still suds in the bucket when you've finished washing. that is a testament to how well adam's soap performs.

My suggestions:

Put the metro products adjacent on screen. Maybe add a section with electrical items?

I agree with using CSS to set site-wide parameters on font sizes and global styles. Uniformity across the site gives a more professional presentation - it won't look pieced together.

Never put black font on a dark green background. It is hard to read. http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-12-detail-kits.aspx

Double check spelling and grammar before 'publishing' the web page.

Add leather conditioner 4 oz. as an offering, bundle it with the leather cleaner 4 oz. You're trying to get people hooked, right? :)

One thing I really would like to see is the label of each product right on the screen. Directions with application/use is important. PDF would be nice.

At this point I'm wondering how much of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo to put in the bucket but unless I buy it, I won't know how many washes I will get out of one 16oz bottle.

Hope I'm not out of line with this suggestion...

How about one better, a video explanation of everything we sell!

<!-- READ FROM DB --> <object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2WmvJXzotY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"> </object>

Chapter 5 - Washing the Car

i would like the review section to be cleaned up a bit. seems like everything has a review for IUS.

working on that already as well as other things already mentioned (consistent fonts, etc) The rush from the sale has pretty much tied up everyones free time, but with it coming to an end we should be able to start making improvements here and there.

I obviously like shopping on the site. I buy lots of stuff almost every week. But, if I might make a few minor suggestions:

The daily special comments should apply to the actual product listed that day. I think the daily special comments are just left up even when the daily special changes because no matter what the special is, it seems to be a comment about undercarriage spray that was on special months ago.

Sometimes it's a bit hard to figure out which heading a product is under. The search function often doesn't turn up the product I'm looking for, so sometimes it makes it a bit hard to find something.

I agree that out of stock items should be left on the site and not removed - just put a note with it like "backordered, expected to ship on xxxx." It would be nice to be able to order such things even if they're not in stock, so that when there is a special (like 15% off), we can get the discount (even if we have to wait to get the item) - that would save us shipping too rather than ordering it separately.

Perhaps put a check box to opt out of the free Adam's DVD during check out. As much as I love Adam and the videos, it's a bit wasteful to send me more than 6 DVDs (yes, I do give them to friends, but I think I still have a few spare DVDs still).

There are some typos in the product descriptions. No big deal, but if I spot a typo, who do I mention it to? (Just trying to help.)

Please don't get me wrong. I don't mean to seem overly critical and I love the site overall. But, these were a few little things I noticed.

Thanks, Dylan. You do a great job.

Thank you for your input... the critical nature of these comments is beneficial, it gives me a good amount of stuff to sift thru to make your shopping experience better.

For the daily special descriptions, thats an easy fix, and I'll take care of that.

The DVD thing is already solved, we no longer will ship a DVD with any order unless the DVD is added to the order. It will still be free, but it needs to be added in order to be shipped.

Personally I like the way you have your groups setup. I wouldn't change that at all. I would (and I'm sure you do) get ideas from other sites. You'll never compete with the big players when it comes to web design but that's MORE than fine.

I agree with having a library data base we can go to to print off MSDS's and labels.

I still stand behind making it more than a store. It needs to be a website as well. Telling people what Adams is and where it came from and where Adam plans to take it.

Just MO.

Chris

A couple of quick sugestions: On the wish list there should be an add all to cart option. And in the cart there should be something that says if something is on back order and expected ship date and if a kit has some items that are back ordered it should kist those items with expected ship date. Just thought of another one A " suggested products" box or a don't forget box ie. if you are ordering class cleaner it suggest glass cleaning cloths or the glass protestor kit to go with it.

A couple of quick sugestions: On the wish list there should be an add all to cart option. And in the cart there should be something that says if something is on back order and expected ship date and if a kit has some items that are back ordered it should kist those items with expected ship date. Just thought of another one A " suggested products" box or a don't forget box ie. if you are ordering class cleaner it suggest glass cleaning cloths or the glass protestor kit to go with it.

Good call.. I like the idea of a suggestive sell.. Just don't make it overbearing; meaning don't force me to click no thanks 3 times if I don't want it.

1) Buttery wax, Add to cart

Would you like to add a buttery wax hex applicator to your order?

So just to clarify you guys would prefer a pop up that you HAVE to respond to versus the product suggestions that come up at the bottom of the page in your cart?? You do realize those are products specifically associated with whats in your cart, admittedly we need to go thru and update what products associate with what items, but I'd just assumed that would do the job and if you didn't want the pop up suggestions you didn't have to deal with them.

I've just always found those types of things annoying and with our current setup the system can suggest multiple items and you can add none, one, or all of them based on clicking the box associated with each one.

Example - added buttery, it suggested microfiber, revive, and a claybar ds combo... updates aside (it needs to suggest hex grips) isn't that less intrusive??

I like the current suggestion box, but sometimes it suggests unneeded items that don't pertain to the item you added. The Script that puts together suggestions needs some work.

For example:

I just added a gallon of Glass cleaner, and the site suggested the following:

Essesntial Gallon pack

5 Gallons of DS

EZ Fill funnel

6 Pack of blue tire applicators (no longer available - i think)

Revive Polish

SHR

Clay bar combo

Americana

2Pk Superplush towels

BSG

IMO.. It should suggest things like:

Glass sealant

Glass MF towels

16oz Glass cleaner Bottle

Clay Bar

I have no problems with suggested products, because it usually gets me to add more items to my cart. I think, "yea I could use some more MF towels, check the box and add that" But I'm not going to add a side of "adam's premium kit" sm5.gif

Thus the reason I said:

"admittedly we need to go thru and update what products associate with what items"

the lack of sleep has you not so quick on the uptake :D

I'm getting a solid 4 hours a night, broken up into 20min naps. character0264.gif

I'm getting a solid 4 hours a night, broken up into 20min naps. character0264.gif

I remember those days... it becomes amazing how little sleep you can train your body to function on. Don't worry... some day you'll get to enjoy sleeping again... it won't be soon, but it will happen eventually :lolsmack:

I remember those days... it becomes amazing how little sleep you can train your body to function on. Don't worry... some day you'll get to enjoy sleeping again... it won't be soon, but it will happen eventually :lolsmack:

It is pretty crazy how your body adapts to not sleeping. I call it survival mode.

I like the current suggestion box, but sometimes it suggests unneeded items that don't pertain to the item you added. The Script that puts together suggestions needs some work.

For example:

I just added a gallon of Glass cleaner, and the site suggested the following:

Essesntial Gallon pack

5 Gallons of DS

EZ Fill funnel

6 Pack of blue tire applicators (no longer available - i think)

Revive Polish

SHR

Clay bar combo

Americana

2Pk Superplush towels

BSG

IMO.. It should suggest things like:

Glass sealant

Glass MF towels

16oz Glass cleaner Bottle

Clay Bar

I have no problems with suggested products, because it usually gets me to add more items to my cart. I think, "yea I could use some more MF towels, check the box and add that" But I'm not going to add a side of "adam's premium kit" sm5.gif

Looks like someone took your advice! That actually relate to the product you are looking at pretty well.

Archived