Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another Noob thread

KrisPKreme

Question

Hey guys, need some advice. I am new to Adams products and they sound and look impressive. I have a question on what exterior products to get. Here are my vehicles and that may help with your advice:

2008 Acura TL, silver. Paint is in great condition, swirls are very hard to see with that color if any are there...I am sure there are.

2007 Jeep Wrangler 4dr, silver. Paint is good. Biggest prob is all the black plastic trim and fenders. They are fading and armor all (I know!) doesnt do a thing.

1988 Porsche 944, Guards red. Paint is about a year old.

So, I am confused over the polishing products. What should I get and how often should I polish and then wax? All but the Porsche live outside. I just ordered a Cal car duster and also an interior kit from Adams. I know its a very open ended request but I have not been into deatiling since I worked for Porsche 20 years ago. Alot has changed!

13 answers to this question

Hey Ed :welcomebanner:!

I'm originally from High Springs.

You didn't say if you were doing this by hand or machine.

For machine use any kit with the 3 pads (orange, white, & black) and the 3 machine products (Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, and Machine SuperWax) would be a good start.

If you are applying by hand, then Revive Hand polish and Buttery Wax, and the 2 sided applicator or hex hand pads would work fine.

I would add some All-Purpose Cleaner (for pads, the faded trim, tires, wheels, etc) and VRT (Vinyl, Rubber, Tire) to dress the now clean trim and tires.

There are several kits that include most of this stuff, but if you don't see one with exactly what you need, call with Ashley and she will set you up.

Thanks guys! I have been going through the vids and they are extremely helpful. I think that I many invest in the machine system and give it a whirl...no pun intended. I have a county issued unmarked patrol car that has seen better days. I will use that as my test vehicle before I tackle the wife's Acura and of course Klaus von Porsche. Headed to High Springs tonight for dinner Michael.

You should see what our inmate trustees do to our cars. Our employees actually have them do their personal vehicle. They butcher those paint jobs. I dont really care how the county car looks...hell, I'm not payin for it. But, it might make a good test case for my new polisher and products. It is a really bad, scratched up Impala. I will post up some before and afters. This is Mr. Klaus. He is still a restoration in progress. He loves to eat Honda's and other little boy racers.

Yeah, the interior needs some touching up. The seats and carpets were replaced and I need to get them spruced up. I also have to get the dash recovered. Porsches are known for dash cracking and there is a plastic cover over it. I am pulling the dash apart this weekend to change gauge lights and such. Hopefully my Adams shipment arrives by the weekend so I can start playing with my new toys. I am very excited!