Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Help

jeast

Question

25 answers to this question

When I was in the Marine Corps, we would buy Johnson Paste wax, heat it up and pour in on the floor and apply it with a buffer, then we would take a piece of a wool blanket to shine it up after it hazed. It would turn out like glass, is this kinda the same principal as the Americana?

Either way is fine so long as you have the insert between the wax and the applicator.

I myself will leave it out because it will be cleaned after every use.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it. john:D

Ok maybe I missed it, Do we leave the applicator in the tub or remove it. Thanks

Either way is fine so long as you have the insert between the wax and the applicator.

I myself will leave it out because it will be cleaned after every use.

Chris

So the applicator that came with the wax is inside the tube, mine was. Do we leave it in or take it out? Thanks John

Has something changed? The applicator that came with mine was seperate.....there is no way the applicator would fit inside the tub with the lid on, and if you leave the lid off it will definitely dry up :confused:.....IMO

I thought the seperator was to keep the Americana from drying out. When using the Americana I even put it back on top of the wax after each time I apply wax to the applicator , and also cover the entire assembly with a microfiber towel when not applying to applicator. (think that makes sense). :banana:

When finish keep applicator seperate from container. :rockon:

I think if you remember when the Americana first came out there was a lot of discussion about the best place to store the applicator was in the jar. I know I didn't know about the insert and needing to keep it between the wax and applicator. Until this post I had not seen anything about needing it.

Yea... theres a reason that insert is in there when it ships!! Probably something that should have been discussed in the past, but I assumed everyone already knew.

Personally I just keep my app stored separately anyways.... its fine in there for shipping purposes, but why bother after you get it IMO?

Agreed! Mine's still in there. I opened it but never used it. I still have the partial can of the Beta wax. :)

Easy to fix however.

Maybe the spacer needs to say on it. "remove when in use and do not store applicator without it reinstalled" Or something along those lines.

Chris

Yea... theres a reason that insert is in there when it ships!! Probably something that should have been discussed in the past, but I assumed everyone already knew.

Personally I just keep my app stored separately anyways.... its fine in there for shipping purposes, but why bother after you get it IMO?

Archived