Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's pads equivalent

Zinn

Question

Before I got introduced to Adam's products and thier "color coding", I bought stuff from another vendor/outlet. As such, I'm not sure which pads (I already own) are the Adam's equivalent.

Already have:

All are Lake County Mfg. CCS pads...

• Orange Light Cutting Pad
  • Coarse Green Cutting/Polishing Foam Pad
  • White Polishing Pad
  • Gray Finishing Pad
  • Blue Finessing Pad

If anyone can help, I'd like to know which Adam's products would be used with each of the pads listed above. Thanks.

-Charles

7 answers to this question

• Orange Light Cutting Pad
  • Coarse Green Cutting/Polishing Foam Pad
  • White Polishing Pad
  • Gray Finishing Pad
  • Blue Finessing Pad

Orange pad would work with SHR

White pad would work with FMP

Gray pad with MSW

Blue pad could be used to apply Buttery since the consistency of the wax is more liquid, but even then it probably wouldn't be idea.

You could use the green pad with the SHR for a more aggressive approach (similar to our yellow pad)

As with any line you can mix and match products to pads to get different levels of cut... example use FMP on the orange pad for a slightly less aggressive cut than SHR + Orange, but more aggressive than FMP + white.

I need to use the "other guys" pads too, since the 6" backing plate on my Rotary Polisher won't accept Adams pads due to their recess. My guess is the foam color is an industry standard? The coarse green falls between the orange and white: less cut than orange/more than white, and grey=black. Other than that, and the design of the polishing surface they appear the same.

I believe the old green pads that Adams had were MORE aggressive than the orange so no I don't believe there's a standard.

Nice thing about Adams is the color of the pads match the product you use with them.

Can't beat that!

Chris

Not sure why they did this, but Lake Country muddied the waters with the green pad. It sounds like what you have is the green pad that falls between the orange and white in terms of aggressiveness. However, I've heard people say it's more aggressive than orange. Then they have another green polishing pad that falls between the white and gray.

I would just follow Dylan's advice. That's another thing that's nice about Adam's. They keep it simple with the pad selection just like their other products.

I believe the old green pads that Adams had were MORE aggressive than the orange so no I don't believe there's a standard.

Nice thing about Adams is the color of the pads match the product you use with them.

Can't beat that!

Chris

Yea Adam's old green pads were more aggressive than the orange.:rockon:

Archived