Customer Service 866.965.0400

Odd situation - need advice

Michael415

Question

This was the first time detailing the car and I got through the shr and the fmp just fine. I didn't get all the swirls out but a good chunk of them, the clearcoat was just too strong and the day was quickly fading so I busted out the msw and set a coat on the car. It was getting late but since the car had no garage to go onto I wanted to get the wax coat on it at least. The car looked phenomenal prior to the msw. I will be honest it was getting cold and the humidity was on the rise so I let the msw sit for about half an hour and then buffed it as well I could in the dusk and left the car. Then it rained, rained and rained some more until finally now 2 days later. When I washed the car quickly this morning before returning to the city I noticed I think I left way too much of the wax on or it didn't have a chance to properly set as I can see it looking something like tons of micromarks or hazy/cloudy. I didn't have a huge amount of time this morning to see if they would buff up but the ones on the roof seemed not to budge. I also found little bits of wax I had missed were hard as rock so I am wondering is this just going to take lots of elbow grease or would it be better to just give it a dawn bath and apply americana when it comes in next week (which was the original plan to begin with).

6 answers to this question

This was the first time detailing the car and I got through the shr and the fmp just fine. I didn't get all the swirls out but a good chunk of them, the clearcoat was just too strong and the day was quickly fading so I busted out the msw and set a coat on the car. It was getting late but since the car had no garage to go onto I wanted to get the wax coat on it at least. The car looked phenomenal prior to the msw. I will be honest it was getting cold and the humidity was on the rise so I let the msw sit for about half an hour and then buffed it as well I could in the dusk and left the car. Then it rained, rained and rained some more until finally now 2 days later. When I washed the car quickly this morning before returning to the city I noticed I think I left way too much of the wax on or it didn't have a chance to properly set as I can see it looking something like tons of micromarks or hazy/cloudy. I didn't have a huge amount of time this morning to see if they would buff up but the ones on the roof seemed not to budge. I also found little bits of wax I had missed were hard as rock so I am wondering is this just going to take lots of elbow grease or would it be better to just give it a dawn bath and apply americana when it comes in next week (which was the original plan to begin with).

Try wrapping a MF towel around a pad on the PC and see if that makes it easier to get the wax off. That would be the first thing I would try.

I'm just speculating here, but I wonder if another quick pass with SHR would clean up the wax? Just an idea... but I'd wait for someone else to chime in with a more definitive solution for you.

:thumbsup:

Try wrapping a MF towel around a pad on the PC and see if that makes it easier to get the wax off. That would be the first thing I would try.

I'm just speculating here, but I wonder if another quick pass with SHR would clean up the wax? Just an idea... but I'd wait for someone else to chime in with a more definitive solution for you.

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't even go SHR... If you have revive polish at hand, I would put some revive on a white pad, and get the wax off that way. Then apply your americana..

Well to close the loop I had a short break today and went out to the car and gave it a shot in one bad part and it looks like the ds and a microfiber will do the trick. Just a bit of elbow grease after a good washing and should be good to go. Thanks again for everyones input!

Archived