Customer Service 866.965.0400

DS & WW your vehicle

angermgmt14

Question

Am I correct in coming to the conclusion from what I've viewed and read in the forums that if you basically drive your car for a decent amount of time/miles (even in dry conditions) that it is best not to DS/WW your car, you should just wash it when you get the time?

10 answers to this question

Am I correct in coming to the conclusion from what I've viewed and read in the forums that if you basically drive your car for a decent amount of time/miles (even in dry conditions) that it is best not to DS/WW your car, you should just wash it when you get the time?

Correct, if there is too much dust or grime on the car it's going to be hard to remove it all without causing some micro marring if its caked on there.

I just got finished watching the Junkman video concerning DS and WW. He says that if it driven in the rain it will probably have a film. (which I wouldn't do anyways, cause I VERY RARELY drive my car in the rain) but wasn't sure about if the car was just driven around on like a cruise or trip to Mom's (for some real home-cooked food!:D)

Thx Junkman, i've been watching most of your videos since I got home from work. (about 3 hrs now!:thumbsup:) By far, the most entertaining and informative stuff I've seen recently. :bravo::king:

Just waiting for a day off and some cloudy weather to do my detail work in the driveway.

I just got finished watching the Junkman video concerning DS and WW. He says that if it driven in the rain it will probably have a film. (which I wouldn't do anyways, cause I VERY RARELY drive my car in the rain) but wasn't sure about if the car was just driven around on like a cruise or trip to Mom's (for some real home-cooked food!:D)

If your ride is garaged, and clean; you decide you want to take to Mom's for supper, its probably not going to collect enough dust to negate using WCW or DS. Its when its been sitting outside for 4 days with the wind blowing dust all over it that I would refrain.

Use good common sense, you can see the dirt film on any color car. You know your car better than the rest of us, so you make the judgement call. There is a fine line between light dust and medium dust, and if it seems just a little too dusty, out comes the Shampoo and foam gun.

Lately this week, here in OK everything has been getting covered with yellow pollen. I've been blowing the vehicles off with an air compressor, dusting with a California duster, and wiping down with WW. I'm getting about 90% of the pollen off before the WW is used. So far so good!! If the dust is fine on your car, you might want to try it.

I covered that in the videos too. You must have missed it. I also explained what to look for as a determining factor.

Unfortunately I have no garage to keep her safe. So I keep her in the driveway. I used to cover her up but the cover I have just got too dirty.

That's what happens when you cover a car at the wrong time.

Archived