Customer Service 866.965.0400

BSG on fresh paint

mcss383

Question

Hey all,

On dad's 66 Chevy II he just had a couple rust bubbles fixed on the hood and cowl and as such the cowl and hood were both freshly painted 2 weeks ago with base/clear (and an amazing match to the lacquer on the rest of the car btw).

Is BSG 'temporary' enough that it won't cause any problems with new paint? I ask because dad is taking it to a car show Fri & Sat and I would like to get it back looking nice for it. The new paint still has lots of swirls so I will need to fix them but we unfortunately sent them the car very dusty and they didn't properly clean it resulting in lots of swirls all over the car. I know SHR & FMP will be safe but not so sure about BSG since it does seal the paint.

I will reapply Americana to the lacquer and finally hit the original and very flat/scratched chrome with MP. Sadly the glass is a lost cause with scratching, but it is the original glass that the car came with in '66 so it isn't going anywhere.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Check! Better safe than sorry, but I thought it was worth asking.

I spent all day today fixing most of the scratches that they put in the paint. I must say, the 4" pads are my favorite thing, it reduced a days worth of scratch removal with the PC to a couple hrs!

Tomorrow I will wax the lacquer, polish the chrome, clean the vinyl top then get some pics and post them up!

Thanks!

Archived