Customer Service 866.965.0400

Zero Turn Mower?

LimitedDodge

Anybody own one of these or any other zero turn mower?

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10051_14101_33817_16200_600000_-1_image

Just getting one for personal yard. Looking to decrease my mowing time with the baby on the way so that I can spend less timing mowing and more time with her. Have about 1 acre flat yard.

Any opinions or other suggestions?

Lots of options with them, but I would recommend buying a brand that a local shop carries parts for. No matter how good something is built, things break and blades dull so having a local place you can get parts quickly is always nice.

With that said my dad has a Ferris and it hasn't given us any problems in the 2 years we have had it and it mows probably 20 acres most of which is in sandy, east TX terrain (underbrush and vines always try to grow back quickly). It will dull a set of blades in a years use though but like I said, it has a tough life.

A friend has I believe an Exmark and it has worked well for him for years as well.

We use a John Deere zero turn at the farm. It's a mowin son of a gun I know that and it's pretty easy to work on. I can't speak to any others though because they pretty much threw this one in when we bought our new combine last year. So we had no reason to shop around. lol

I'm a Deere guy but I also live in the hometown of Deere.

I love Honda's as well but I don't believe they sell riders anymore...

Dixie Choppers are what I see most of the big boys running around here.

Chris

I use a Scag on my 2 acre yard and mow two other yards that add up to 1 acre so you can say total of 3 acres. I have a SCAG (Kohler Engine) which is a 48" cut.

What I hear the John Deere's are great. (Most of my farm equipment is Deere anyway).

The next one will be another Scag or John Deere.

Diffently worth the money if you are not running hill saves alot of time. I have ran grass hoppers and really have like them and dixie coppers seem sweet to but i dont think that is what you want to spend. Personally the one cub will own i have never had good luck with it but the deere has been good to me. When i own a house i hate grass so much i am going to put concrete in and paint it gree:D

Diffently worth the money if you are not running hill saves alot of time. I have ran grass hoppers and really have like them and dixie coppers seem sweet to but i dont think that is what you want to spend. Personally the one cub will own i have never had good luck with it but the deere has been good to me. When i own a house i hate grass so much i am going to put concrete in and paint it gree:D

Just get astro turf. It will look like grass and never need to be cut.

Thanks for all the comments guys but I ended up not even getting a zero turn. Instead I went with a John Deere LA145 and dump cart attachment.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/com.deere.u90785.cce.productcatalog.view.servlets.ProdCatProduct?pNbr=SKG20447&tM=HO&link=enav

Of course after it was delivered yesterday I pulled it into the garage and hit with some detail spray and followed with some buttery wax (first time using the buttery). Of course as always another great Adam's product, easy on easy off. Got some wax on the plastic parts with no issues of them turning white! Also had to use a little APC on the seat from someones greasy hand prints.

Sure cleaned off easy after cutting the grass!:rockon:

I think you'll get years of great service out of it. You pay more for a Deere but it's usually a good mower.

I just tore our old Deere apart yesterday for my bro. It wouldn't start for him. Tore the carb off, cleaned it out and reinstalled. BAM! Literally the FIRST PULL! lol 23 year old walk behind with the Kawasaki engine. Always had carb issues but the engine is bullet proof!

Chris

Thanks for all the comments guys but I ended up not even getting a zero turn. Instead I went with a John Deere LA145 and dump cart attachment.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/com.deere.u90785.cce.productcatalog.view.servlets.ProdCatProduct?pNbr=SKG20447&tM=HO&link=enav

Of course after it was delivered yesterday I pulled it into the garage and hit with some detail spray and followed with some buttery wax (first time using the buttery). Of course as always another great Adam's product, easy on easy off. Got some wax on the plastic parts with no issues of them turning white! Also had to use a little APC on the seat from someones greasy hand prints.

Sure cleaned off easy after cutting the grass!:rockon:

Congrats! I hope you get many many years of use out of it. We still have our John Deere 110 from 1964 that mows the road side around the farm and runs a belted elevator during baling season. I'm sure you'll get many good years out of yours.

Yeah I actually still have a John Deere 214 that is built like a tank. I think it's a 1981 model. Runs great just keeps throwing one of the drive belts. So it's been sitting in garage for past year.

Replace the pulley's and make sure they're all inline with each other.... That should fix it...

I had a John D. snow blower wonderful machine, lasted 21 years. I use a prowler zero radius 52inch, and a snapper 48 inch walker. Have had them a long time, no complaints on either machine.They were not cheap, you get what you pay for.

I had a John D. snow blower wonderful machine, lasted 21 years. I use a prowler zero radius 52inch, and a snapper 48 inch walker. Have had them a long time, no complaints on either machine.They were not cheap, you get what you pay for.

I still have the 832 my dad bought new in 1978 or 79 (not sure):o

It's been a great thrower... 8hp 32" cut. I tore the carb off of it this winter and COMPLETELY rebuilt it and it runs better than I can ever remember it running.

I also started looking for a starter for it and believe it or not I found on 45 minutes from my house on Craigslist. BLEW MY MIND. Bolted it on and BAM! It worked!

I was going to spend a grand replacing this thing and for 200 bucks and free labor I got it running like new. :2thumbs:

Nothing runs like a Deere... :rockon:

I have a mid-late '90's LT133 riding deere and that is the crappiest mower we have ever had, it wil not cut even for anything and leaves a 1.5-2 inch strip down the middle where it wont cut. No idea about the zero turns, but the rider I have sucks. Atleast it does have a Kohler engine that will run forever.

Archived