Customer Service 866.965.0400

buttery wax...

Faze

Question

Im sure this has been brought up before. But, couldnt find much about the oily feel that the buttery wax leaves behind...

Does it mean Im using to much or? Kinda seems like its a bit harder to remove sometimes than the MSW... Which towel should be used to remove it?

I detailed a friends car with SHR, FMP, then followed up with some buttery wax... Had to go over it with a light mist of the WW and WWT to get the remains off...

9 answers to this question

I always use DS spray after I get done polishing and before I move to wax, just to make sure I get everything off. It could be left over polish instead of wax you are seeing, I have never had a problem taking buttery wax off. I am sure someone else will chime in with more experience in the matter.

Im sure this has been brought up before. But, couldnt find much about the oily feel that the buttery wax leaves behind...

Does it mean Im using to much or? Kinda seems like its a bit harder to remove sometimes than the MSW... Which towel should be used to remove it?

I detailed a friends car with SHR, FMP, then followed up with some buttery wax... Had to go over it with a light mist of the WW and WWT to get the

remains off...

I never noticed a oily feel. Did you shake up first?

I use MF towel to wipe off after it hazes.I f you have trouble wiping off like said before use DS.:thumbsup:

I apply it with one of those microfiber applicator pads...I haven't got the hex pad yet...put it on the whole car, let it haze up for as long as I have time to wait, then buff it off with a blue microfiber towel...done...then I follow that with some Brilliant Spray Glaze...but thats got nothing to do with your question.

I've never noticed an oily feel at all...is it truly oily or just "slick" because of the smoothness of the polished paint? If there was something left beind if would stain a piece of paper (think NY pizza on a paper plate). Does it do that?

Update us here...we'll get you squared away! :thumbsup:

Shake the product a lot before starting use. Chemicals settle out and can perform drastically different if the mix is incomplete. Also, less is more... a skim coat is the ideal way to apply. Usually people get WAY to generous with the amount of product they use, and while I would love it if you burn thru an entire bottle of Buttery on every detail its not really the ideal way to apply the product. :D

Buttery is just about the easiest product in the world to apply and remove, so if you have any issues that contradict what I'm saying there might be an issue with how much you're using or how you're using it.

Archived