Customer Service 866.965.0400

So, I washed and dried a crayon today....

gonz0

So, I was washing the kids clothes today and as I was going to start folding them from the dryer I noticed that there was this red and green color all over the dryer and clothes. I then remembered that my daughter likes to put crayons in her pockets, which started this weekend. Well, the first thing that came into my head was not " oh my god the clothes are ruined" or "the dryer is ruined" instead i thought "Oh, i hope this comes out so it doesn't ruin my micro fiber towels". :loser: Now, I know im not the only one here that thinks like that, or am I? Now how would you get that out? There is a red tint to the dryer now.

IMAG0067.jpg

Does it look like it's pretty much part of the drum now. For example, does any rubbing take it off? I left a pen in my pocket once on our dryer that was about 6 months old. It got ink all over the clothes and the dryer, but by the time it was done drying, the ink that was all over the drum had become one with the drum. We continued to use the dryer for an additional 8 years before selling it. The ink stains on the drum remained until we sold it, but it never affected another load of clothes. Basically, my point is, while it may not look good, it may still function and not cause any additional issues. Then again, that picture looks brutal.

Does it look like it's pretty much part of the drum now. For example, does any rubbing take it off? I left a pen in my pocket once on our dryer that was about 6 months old. It got ink all over the clothes and the dryer, but by the time it was done drying, the ink that was all over the drum had become one with the drum. We continued to use the dryer for an additional 8 years before selling it. The ink stains on the drum remained until we sold it, but it never affected another load of clothes. Basically, my point is, while it may not look good, it may still function and not cause any additional issues. Then again, that picture looks brutal.

well the stuff thats on the drum looks like it became one with the dryer. the stuff on the bottom right might be able to be scraped off ill see later on.

Okay, the wife says for you to run the dryer for about 10 minutes then use Clorox wipes and wipe it down. You can also use WD40 on a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. But whatever you do, heat the dryer first.

That's from the boss. ;)

Looks like u have a tie dye dryer. How.about apc?

i don't have any yet or any type of apc for that matter. i made my very first order last week so any day now:xfingers:

Okay, the wife says for you to run the dryer for about 10 minutes then use Clorox wipes and wipe it down. You can also use WD40 on a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. But whatever you do, heat the dryer first.

That's from the boss. ;)

great i'll try that:thumbsup:

what would we do with out wife's, i mean who would send us to the dog house for spending to much money on adam's stuff:lolsmack:

Was gonna suggest magic eraser

The first thing that came to mind for me as well. Not sure what they are made of, but as well as they work, I suspect we will find out they are bad for us.......lol

And Robert, everyone knows you dry clean crayons, not wash and dry. :jester:

That's no good...I've washed and dried all kinds of stupid stuff...USB sticks, SD cards, a bluetooth...so don't feel bad.

One quesion...why were you drying your microfiber towels? Looks like more than "no or low" heat to create that fun lil mess.

:willy::willy: Crayons in the dryer!!!

I am with Rich's wife. Use the Clorox wipes after you heat the dryer up.

I had that happen to me once...it never happened again. I faithfully check everyone's pockets before they go into the washer. :D

My clothes always get washed separately. I am not ever taking that chance again. :lolsmack:

Good luck. :2thumbs:

That's no good...I've washed and dried all kinds of stupid stuff...USB sticks, SD cards, a bluetooth...so don't feel bad.

One quesion...why were you drying your microfiber towels? Looks like more than "no or low" heat to create that fun lil mess.

Oh thats just what i thought at the moment. I normaly hang or just fluff dry them. It was the kids cloths i was washing at the time

:willy::willy: Crayons in the dryer!!!

I am with Rich's wife. Use the Clorox wipes after you heat the dryer up.

I had that happen to me once...it never happened again. I faithfully check everyone's pockets before they go into the washer. :D

My clothes always get washed separately. I am not ever taking that chance again. :lolsmack:

Good luck. :2thumbs:

lol. I was able to talk to the wife yesterday for a few min. and when i told her what i did she just laughed and said " Rookies".

:lol: Im looking for the clorox wipes. i know we have some cuz my wife always uses them. Haven't used them since she left:jester:

Archived