Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Pooling Rinse" Drying Technique

Junkman2008

Question

Hey all! I have been asked about rinsing a car so many times that I decided to make a video showing my technique. I do this right after my final rinse, and then I blow dry the car. If anything is left, a simple microfiber drying towel touch up will take care of it. It makes drying the car much more manageable as you won't end up with a soaking wet drying towel.

Here's the video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAmb9DWdnFc&feature=plcp&context=C307219dUDOEgsToPDskK3QIoF60MA5RTpQK8tOpot]The Pooling Rinse Process - YouTube[/ame]

The Junkman

:cheers:

Edited by Junkman2008

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Junkman !!! new to the forum but not ya vids on youtube mate, Informative and always entertaining !

Really found this vid helpful ! living in sunny Queensland Australia i battle water spots like you wouldnt believe. Using this technique knocks most of the water droplets off the paint before it gets a chance to cause headaches.

Keep the vids coming mate, and ill keep learning. :thumbsup:

Drew

Here it a little tip. I hate kinking my hose when I do a flood/pooling rinse and i also Absolutly fear scratching my paint with the hose end so I got a short length of old garden hose about 8' long I use the on off valve to throttle the water pressure and with no metal hose end virtually worry free rinsing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it a little tip. I hate kinking my hose when I do a flood/pooling rinse and i also Absolutly fear scratching my paint with the hose end so I got a short length of old garden hose about 8' long I use the on off valve to throttle the water pressure and with no metal hose end virtually worry free rinsing.

I wash using a shutoff with a spray/fire hose nozzle with a quick disconnect between them. I cut off an old cheap hose added a male disconnect so I remove the sprayer and attach the hose end. I use the shutoff to control flow. Kinking may cause damage so not taking any chances.

When I retire another hose I will make a new one with the hose end a little bit longer to extend over middle more.

Edited by Bunky

That is what I do but I don't use that long of a hose, only couple of feet of extra hose:

Hose003.jpg

and a female hose end,

Hose004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as I've been doing for years, as I see others do. As they say great minds...:rockon:

I never even gave this any thought, until....last weekend while pool rinsing, I grazed my front fender with the metal hose end :willy:

This is a great tip and I am definitely going to make such an attachment. Timing is perfect since i just procured the new Adams 75-footer, shut-off, nozzle and QDC kit:)