Customer Service 866.965.0400

Got the VW Dropped!

Marylander

Finally got the H&R springs & struts (Touring Cup Kit) put on. The difference - both in dynamics and visually - is stunning. I couldn't be happier with the way it rides and handles now... nice and firm with very little sway in the turns and no harshness over bumps.

Before:

IMG_0137.jpg

After:

IMG_0143.jpg

Looks good! I'd love to lower my G8 more but being that it's a DD, I'd be cracking front bumpers on those nice ice turds that trucks drop on the highway in the winter... The little I did lower it made a huge difference.

Now all you need is some sway bars to round it out!

Chris

Sweet! That looks way better! I'm sure it's much more fun to drive as well. :burnout:

MUCH more fun to drive, thanks! It's funny, I'm finding myself subconsciously bracing for familiar turns now, but the car stays flat. I have to unlearn those habits!

Looks good! I'd love to lower my G8 more but being that it's a DD, I'd be cracking front bumpers on those nice ice turds that trucks drop on the highway in the winter... The little I did lower it made a huge difference.

Now all you need is some sway bars to round it out!

Chris

Yea, this was as far as I wanted to go for a DD. H&R makes a lower "sport" kit, bit I didn't want to compromise the real day-to-day use of the car. (or start looking too silly -- it is, after all, still just a Jetta :D) I was thinking of a bigger sway bar, but honestly now that the springs are in I don't think I need one.

Looks better :thumbsup: Handles better, win win!!:burnout:

Absolutely, Chris. Dare I say I'm done modding this car?!? :willy:

whew, I was afraid when I saw VW and dropped it was going to be one of those ridiculous drops that is all cambered out and kind of dumb looking. You did a nice job though, it looks great.

No, no... none of that silliness! I HATE that look on VWs! :willy:

Archived