Customer Service 866.965.0400

WW turns white and loses coconut smell?

fly4food84

Question

Maybe its time for a color change, maybe a different color that would hold up with the chemicals better?

Doesn't really matter... if you use organic dyes and scents (which are environmentally and people friendly) they're susceptible to fading. Its part of the price you pay to be environmentally friendly.

Doesn't really matter... if you use organic dyes and scents (which are environmentally and people friendly) they're susceptible to fading. Its part of the price you pay to be environmentally friendly.

And thats why I'm a broadband installer :lolsmack: I know little about chemistry

There was a thread on this a few months ago. If I remember correctly it has something to do with the organtic dye and scent that sometimes changes. It works just the same. My gallon has turned gray, but works just as good and still smells the same.

Maybe its time for a color change, maybe a different color that would hold up with the chemicals better?

First off, thanks for your kind words, and I apologize for the color and scent loss in the Waterless Wash.

We broke down the WW to find out what is causing the color to fade. BINGO! It's the coconut fragrance, which is an oil based scent.

So, we are now changing the scent to a non-oil based scent, which will keep the product a crispy blue color. New scent? We have found 'Green Apple' to be super nice, and most importantly, it's a non-oil-based and long lasting scent. (Hoping to make a batch shortly, and have it available in the next few weeks.)

I'm sure most of you realize, we are a very small company, and the learning curve applies often! As long as we have customers like you, and a forum like this to get feedback, we will continue to tweak and improve products.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for your kind words here!

-Adam:2thumbs:

Mmmmmm green apple.

Me Too :2thumbs::2thumbs:

I'm going to miss the coconut scent.:(

I'm going to miss my wife asking if I'm going to coconut her car. I have gallon of the gray WW that I haven't opened yet, so it should last me a while.

Joey,

Did you survive that hail storm in OKC? Lucky, it all broke up by the time it hit us.

Joey,

Did you survive that hail storm in OKC? Lucky, it all broke up by the time it hit us.

Yeah, it missed us by about a mile. We got lucky this week and the week before. I got a softball size hole in my roof from the week before, but amazingly, that was the only damage to the roof. So glad I keep my cars parked in the garage. Thanks for asking.

Yeah, it missed us by about a mile. We got lucky this week and the week before. I got a softball size hole in my roof from the week before, but amazingly, that was the only damage to the roof. So glad I keep my cars parked in the garage. Thanks for asking.

Glad you came out alright!! Even though a hole in the roof can be a bad deal. Glad it was small.

First off, thanks for your kind words, and I apologize for the color and scent loss in the Waterless Wash.

We broke down the WW to find out what is causing the color to fade. BINGO! It's the coconut fragrance, which is an oil based scent.

So, we are now changing the scent to a non-oil based scent, which will keep the product a crispy blue color. New scent? We have found 'Green Apple' to be super nice, and most importantly, it's a non-oil-based and long lasting scent. (Hoping to make a batch shortly, and have it available in the next few weeks.)

I'm sure most of you realize, we are a very small company, and the learning curve applies often! As long as we have customers like you, and a forum like this to get feedback, we will continue to tweak and improve products.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for your kind words here!

-Adam:2thumbs:

I know this is a serious longshot here but any chance of there being a color free version? Or perhaps even DS that is clear? Reason being with the clear bra applied to the front of the car I am afraid to use the pink stuff on it for fear of staining and the grey WW made me much less nervous. It would be nice to be able to just do the entire car w/o switching products for a quick wipe down:)

I have about half a gallon left from the gallon that i bough a few months ago. It seems to have faded a little bit. It still has its scent, and it still works though.

I have one from a couple of months ago that has faded as well.. But it smells and works just fine..

Archived