Customer Service 866.965.0400

new guy with new car in va!

2point6

hey gals/guys,

just joined the forum after reading a lot of stuff on wash products and such from autopia.org

name is jimmy btw.

does anybody know if that 15% deal is still good? i mean i know its about a week late but if it is still use-able that would be great!

hey gals/guys,

just joined the forum after reading a lot of stuff on wash products and such from autopia.org

name is jimmy btw.

does anybody know if that 15% deal is still good? i mean i know its about a week late but if it is still use-able that would be great!

:welcomebanner: Jimmy!

I know the spring sale is over, but if you call ashley, they might be willing to honor it for a new customer... You'll never find a lack of customer service around here :mail:

:welcomebanner: Jimmy!

I know the spring sale is over, but if you call ashley, they might be willing to honor it for a new customer... You'll never find a lack of customer service around here :mail:

that is good to know, i will call her up today! this is my first new car so i want to keep it clean and show room quality forever (if possible) lol.

i tried to do some searching about the grit guard bucket insert. my main question is does that fit all types of bucket? i got a bucket long time ago from kmart, standard blue type.

Welcome Jimmy! :)

The Grit Guard insert will only fit a certain size, 5-gallon bucket. It is best to buy the insert (they're cheap), and take them with you to a store where the buckets are. The insert must fit all the way to the bottom of the bucket and have no play. This is very important.

Here's my write-up on the Grit Guard bucket. :thumbsup:

The problem with using a bucket that the Grit Guard does not fit is that is it allows the water below the Grit Guard to stir when you work the water. This is totally counter-productive to the design and purpose of the Grit Guard insert. The design of the insert sitting completely at the bottom of the bucket is to keep the dirt and grit from being disturbed when you are in the bucket. If the dirt is allowed to move, then it can come back up into the area at which you are getting soap and be distributed back onto the car.

This is why it is imperative that the insert rest on the bottom of the bucket. They made it that way by design. Here are the key points made by the manufacturer of the Grit Guard insert:

Product Description

1. Fits in the bottom of your bucket and cleans your wash mitt, brush, towel, or other washing utensil to save your paint from swirl marks and scratches.

2. The simplest and most cost effective method for protecting your precious painted surfaces from being scratched while washing your vehicle.

3. Separates the grit from the mitt.

4. Grit Guard prevents the swirl marks in your paint, caused by improper washing.

5. The products radial designed surface extracts particles such as dirt, grit, and grime from your wash mitt, providing a clean, scratch-free wash mitt, every time you go back to the bucket for water.

6. Once dirt settles to the bottom of the bucket, the Grit Guard keeps it there by separating the wash water into four quadrants, so the water cannot be disturbed.

7. Grit Guard is not a gimmick; it is common sense...when your mitt is in the water, the fibers are fluffed up. When you rub your mitt against Grit Guard in the water, the fluffed up fibers allow for the Grit Guard to extract the dirt, grit, and grime.

:welcome:

'This stuff is an addition!'

Yes it is indeed an addition:drool:.

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner: Jimmy

Oh and these guys customer service, better than i have EVER received in my life.:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

wait so 5 gallon bucket wont work? or the regular 5-gal buckets you find at Walmart and such?

The correct 4, 5 and 6 gallon buckets will work as long as the Grit Guard insert sits flush to the bottom of the bucket and does not spin around. Read my description of how the insert works. After reading my description, all this should make sense.

The correct 4, 5 and 6 gallon buckets will work as long as the Grit Guard insert sits flush to the bottom of the bucket and does not spin around. Read my description of how the insert works. After reading my description, all this should make sense.

Thank you mr junkman. You are very resourceful. ^^

Archived