Customer Service 866.965.0400

Does WW and DS have any sealants or waxes

Dr Jkel

Question

Does anyone know if the detail spray or waterless wash has any sealant or wax in them? The reason I asked is that I am having some paint work done on my car and even though he baked it he said that the Manufactor said that I must wait 2 months before applying wax or sealant. I am going to a car show and driving and wanted to know if the WW and DS would clean any bugs I got on it during the drive. Thanks

15 answers to this question

they are intended for use on vehicles that have recently been polished & waxed. and the detail spray really gives the color that "just polished/waxed" pop.

both are necessities when you want to clean and detail your car quickly without getting it wet and without spending hours detailing it.

The fresh paint on my dad's 66 Chevy II had probably 4 passes with detail spray during its process of paint correction and cleaning. Time will tell if it caused a problem, but I seriously doubt it will. DS just doesn't last, even if the car is left in the garage.

No they don't contain any sealant. MSW does and is the last thing you want to put on fresh paint. As far as fresh paint is concerned, you do it more justice by not messing with it at all than you do by messing with it all the time. Allow the paint to cure as to your painter's recommendations and leave it alone until that time. Here's the beautiful picture of what you have to look forward to by putting the wrong stuff on it:

sealed_not_cured2.jpg

Not a pretty picture and definitely not covered under any warranty.

OK you've convinced me to leave it alone, except for washing.

WW does not have any gloss enhancers in it. One of the main points that Adam made when they made the WW is that its for people who rarely wash their vehicles with water and were just using DS. I am going to say that DS does have some protective properties, albeit a little bit.

I would probably do the same, but I'm pretty sure that WW doesn't have any sealant properties to it.

It also does not have anything to increase the shine. You wight as well just wash the car as there is less of a chance scratching the car.

Archived