Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wiper Fluid Etiquette

repomann7

Question

I try not to use the wiper fluid at all costs, but when I do I always make sure that no one is behind me when I do. Don't you hate it when you get done detailing your car and the person in front of you sprays you with a nice stream of washer fluid? Anyone else hate when that happens?

16 answers to this question

The day before I was due to pick up the new Gen Coupe, the landscaping company that looks after the grounds at work decided it was a good day to clean up the parking lots of the winter's salt and dirt.

Tool of choice? Backpack mounted two stroke leaf blowers. It looked like a dust storm out there. If the Coupe had been parked there I probably would not be here to post about it, as I understand internet access is somewhat limited in prison........

Be glad it wasn't my brothers old 69 Chevelle, it shot the stream directly over the car without touching the windshield. lol

It bugs me to, but not as much as when I am sitting at a light and some yard maintenance person is trimming right next to the road, or a business just happens to start power spraying the driveway as I am sitting there.

Washer fluid doesn't bother me so much, rather it didn't happen of course, but I'm a big fan of the guy ahead of me being able to see where he is going.:glasses:

My pet peeve for stuff like this are those folks that refuse to clean the snow off their cars. Nothing better than being behind a car a couple days after a snow storm and seeing that three inch thick hunk of snow/ice come loose at 60 mp/h, had to have a hood replaced a couple cars back when a chunk like that landed on me. The other driver never even knew it happened.:mad:

A lady was killed in Pennsy a few years ago because of this very thing happening.

the local news will usually interview the husband and son as a reminder to people. Sadly, it happens all too often.

Washer fluid doesn't bother me so much, rather it didn't happen of course, but I'm a big fan of the guy ahead of me being able to see where he is going.:glasses:

My pet peeve for stuff like this are those folks that refuse to clean the snow off their cars. Nothing better than being behind a car a couple days after a snow storm and seeing that three inch thick hunk of snow/ice come loose at 60 mp/h, had to have a hood replaced a couple cars back when a chunk like that landed on me. The other driver never even knew it happened.:mad:

You know, it always bugs me, too, but realize that the car ahead of you is doing it to improve their vision and have the ability to drive safely -- they're not doing it to ruin your recent detailing. You never know -- they may have just gotten a huge bird crap or big bug splatter right in their line of vision.

In fact, I've used the WW to get a fresh bird dropping off the glass many times, never really thinking about the car behind me -- I just wanted the glass clean so I could see.

Since I got married I've mellowed out a lot behind the wheel.. I don't want to be a bad example for my daughter..

You know, it always bugs me, too, but realize that the car ahead of you is doing it to improve their vision and have the ability to drive safely -- they're not doing it to ruin your recent detailing. You never know -- they may have just gotten a huge bird crap or big bug splatter right in their line of vision.

In fact, I've used the WW to get a fresh bird dropping off the glass many times, never really thinking about the car behind me -- I just wanted the glass clean so I could see.

Just happened to me the other day. :mad: this guy was doing it for probably 2-3 miles on the interstate. Although his truck was naaaasty, so he probably couldn't see. Still he should have down it before he left the house!

I try not to use the wiper fluid at all costs, but when I do I always make sure that no one is behind me when I do. Don't you hate it when you get done detailing your car and the person in front of you sprays you with a nice stream of washer fluid? Anyone else hate when that happens?

Drives me nuts when I get hosed down by someone on the freeway! It always happens right after you detail your car too... I used to pull in front of them and return the favor (pre-family days). Now-a-days people are just crazy. :willy:

Archived