Customer Service 866.965.0400

'10 Nissan GT-R

Had a customer bring me this car. Had not had it detailed since he got it from the dealership 3 months ago. Thing was in pretty had shape. Wanted as much correction as possible. Which managed to get roughly 98%. Had some fine hair scratches lefted. But ran out of time working on it as he needed it back by a certain time.

Seems that due to a weird things about these paints you cant go aggressive with them. They respond better to less aggressive ways.

Before:

Before.jpg

Before2.jpg

Test Spot:

*Not the actual process I went with. Test spot was done by DA only just to see if I could get the correction I wanted. But as you can tell there were still some scratches left, so decided to pull out the Dewalt.

HalfandHalf-1.jpg

HalfandHalfDark.jpg

Before & After:

CloseUpBefore.jpg

CloseUpAfter.jpg

After:

FrontAfterBuff2.jpg

FrontAfterBuff.jpg

*Flipped the car around to see the outcome in the sun of the hood and front bumper. No wax or hasnt been rewashed yet.

SunSpot.jpg

SunSpot2.jpg

*Finished, but had no light for any good shots.

R35After5.jpg

* Notice the exhaust is nice and polished. That is after Adams Metal Polish

R35After.jpg

* Notice the exhaust before the adams polish below.

R35After4.jpg

NICE!! I see you use the brinkman as well... love mine!

I'm dying to go for a ride in one of these cars, but finding an owner

a) willing to let you go for a ride and

B) willing to use it in 'launch mode' voiding the warranty

is pretty slim, sure looks like a lot of fun though.

Nice! Did the owner give you a chance to drive that thing, too?

Rich

I moved it around through the detail. This thing is not your average one. Hes already got a good bit of work done and if I remember right he said that he makes somewhere in the area of 575 awhp.

NICE!! I see you use the brinkman as well... love mine!

I'm dying to go for a ride in one of these cars, but finding an owner

a) willing to let you go for a ride and

B) willing to use it in 'launch mode' voiding the warranty

is pretty slim, sure looks like a lot of fun though.

This one was well beyond voiding the warranty. When he dropped it off TCS was already turned off.

Second if you notice in one of the finish pictures the car that dropped him off was a '09 GT-R

Nice work!

But dayum! How did he manage to get it in that kind of shape in three months? That seam near the spoiler looks like he took steel wool to it........

He said when he bought it, it was sitting out on the dealer lot for a few weeks. Plus hes had this "detailer" at his work do a few washes on it. Once I was done and before he picked it up he asked ways to keep it in that condition for longer.

He and a friend are going to go in on some good cleaning products and make sure they do it themselves from now on.

*Finished, but had no light for any good shots.

R35After5.jpg

Know what you mean but I gotta disagree with that statement. This shot blows me away. The car almost looks liquid. Like something out of Terminator 2......LOL

Looks great! I saw it somewhere else too. Was the paint easy to correct?

Nope. The paints on these are very weird Hard Clears. You have to use as least aggressive combos as possible and generate as little heat as possible. Then just work it in to get the best correction.

Nope. The paints on these are very weird Hard Clears. You have to use as least aggressive combos as possible and generate as little heat as possible. Then just work it in to get the best correction.

So you are using a medium polish over and over to remove bad defects then? Then doing a finish polish at the end? It sure did turn out nice. I haven't run across one of these yet but I just want to be prepared if I do. I know of a couple people with them locally.

So you are using a medium polish over and over to remove bad defects then? Then doing a finish polish at the end? It sure did turn out nice. I haven't run across one of these yet but I just want to be prepared if I do. I know of a couple people with them locally.

Correct. The first night I did a normal aggressive using a PFW Pad with the Dewalt and a cutting compound, followed up by a Orange LC Lad on a DA with a compound, followed by a medium polish on a polishing pad, then finished down with a fine polish and it still had holograms from hell in the paint.

Did some research and it seems that you have to go very unaggressive with them. So with all those steps above a White LC Pad at 1200 rpms on a Dewalt with a cutting compound almost completely corrected the paint on its own and left very minute holograms, which was corrected by a medium polish on the DA with a polishing pad.

Correct. The first night I did a normal aggressive using a PFW Pad with the Dewalt and a cutting compound, followed up by a Orange LC Lad on a DA with a compound, followed by a medium polish on a polishing pad, then finished down with a fine polish and it still had holograms from hell in the paint.

Did some research and it seems that you have to go very unaggressive with them. So with all those steps above a White LC Pad at 1200 rpms on a Dewalt with a cutting compound almost completely corrected the paint on its own and left very minute holograms, which was corrected by a medium polish on the DA with a polishing pad.

So if I was going to be starting you would recommend going with a compound/white pad and then move on to a medium polish with a white pad? Kind of a weird process for hard paint but stranger things have happened. :glasses:

So if I was going to be starting you would recommend going with a compound/white pad and then move on to a medium polish with a white pad? Kind of a weird process for hard paint but stranger things have happened. :glasses:

Yeah I thought the same thing when I researched it and found it out. But tired it and worked quite well. I would imagine that adding in a step with a orange LC pad and say M105 would probably be out from a Orbital then follow that up with a medium polish and polishing pad.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I researched it and found it out. But tired it and worked quite well. I would imagine that adding in a step with a orange LC pad and say M105 would probably be out from a Orbital then follow that up with a medium polish and polishing pad.

Are you saying you would include a step with the orange/compound with an orbital? If I ever have to tackle one of these I'll try white/compound then white with the SHR.

Did you try Adam's SHR with our orange pad? It is a great combo!:rockon:

Followed up with white pad and FMP.:2thumbs:

SHR is pretty much a medium polish. I have not tried it on any ceramic paint so I'm not sure how it would work when hitting super hard clears. It sounds like I might be able to finish down with FMP on an orange pad too if the time comes.

Archived