Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any Paypal gurus here?

Nordgrey

Just have a question about the whole echeck thing.

A couple years ago, I get a phone call at 0300! It is my creditcard company asking if I have just purchased a 62 inch TV from an online store from an IP address in Ohio...........

Inform them that is a big negative, so they cancel the transaction and the card.

I never reactivated the replacement card (nice to be credit card free btw....lol), so now there is no CC attached to my paypal account and everything happens via the echeck process and it takes however many business days to "clear". I'm good with that, but I wonder if anyone knows what exactly is being cleared? Within an hour of making the paypal buy, the money is gone from my account at the bank, so Paypal has the money to pass on to the vendor in question, why do they need to wait 6 to 8 business days for money they have obviously taken out?

And yeah, I really want these things to clear so that Boulder can send my stuff......:willy:

Not sure if this will answer your questions or not but this is what I found. I have used an Echeck once or twice and it didnt come out of my account immediately so I would think that if its debited to your bank account then the company should have notification of it and getting your goods ready to go. Here is the link: http://www.kreationsbykittyo.com/echeck.htm

Thanks, that is the way I thought it worked, but like I said, the cash is debited from my account within a couple hours at most.

Time to contact Paypal I guess. It isn't a huge deal, but if the cash has been sent to Paypal, then they ought to be forwarding it on to the vendor on receipt me thinks.

Aye, but if the cash has been taken out of the account by Paypal, they should be forwarding it on to the vendor. As it stands now, Paypal has around $700 (yeah I ordered that much, go big or stay home!....LOL) that they debited almost a week ago, that they have not passed on to Adam's. All things being equal, I would rather Adam have the cash than Paypal.

I just want tracking numbers..........:mail:

:D

Vice versa actually. Adam's, quiet correctly, is not shipping until Paypal clears the cash to them. I would expect nothing less.

Ahh well, just one of those things us ludites who refuse to have a credit card anymore gotta live with I guess.

LOL

Archived