Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hey JJ1o87...

Marylander

Hey Rich! I must say, I absolutely LOVE my little GTI. There are only two things I don't like about it. The first is the sunroof controller. I don't like how it has so many settings that you pretty much control it's movement for every 2 inches. It's annoying when you park and you think you've closed it when in fact it's not. Secondly, the bluetooth connectivity is horrible. If I don't have the bluetooth on my phone turned on BEFORE I step into the car it doesn't connect. Another thing is that there's no way to dial handsfree, I have to go to my phone and dial it from there. Useless imo. But other than that, it's the perfect city car. Easy to park, peppy little 2.0 engine, and I love the 6 speed manual. I just wish the Challenger were the 6 speed manual. :(

As for the Challenger, I've probably put about 30 miles on it in the 2 months I've owned the GTI. I just washed and put a coat of Americana on her this past weekend. Also picked up the MOPAR car cover so right now she's tucked away under the car cover in my garage. (For some reason a ton of dust collects on the car in my garage). It's weird getting in the Challenger now, the car feels foreign - but every time I get out of it I have a smile on my face. As soon as I step on that pedal all the happy memories come back. I also love the Challenger's seats better - much more comfortable as supposed to the GTI's. Anyway, once this pollen stops, both cars need to be detailed. This time I can really take the time and detail the Challenger right, as it's not a daily driver anymore. Realistically this will probably happen in a month. As we speak my poor GTI is now yellow from all the crap floating around in the air. But yeah, that's what's new lol

Good to hear, Jeff. Check out the Golf VI forum on Vortex regarding the Bluetooth issue... the BT in these VW is really screwy but there's usually a fix that some user has discovered.

And I'm right there with you on the sunroof... that switch is needlessly complex with all the stop. Crazy.

If you get interested in all the VAG-COM tweaking I have a micro-can cable I'd be happy to let you borrow. You can do some neat stuff with it... disable the DRLs, make the windows go up/down via the keyfob, etc.

My Vette's been getting ignored a lot lately, too. I just washed and BSG'd it, though, so maybe I'll be more inclined to drive it around a bit more. And now I find myself wishing it was a 6-speed, too. I'm having way too much fun with the VW. :2thumbs:

later...

Rich

Rich,

You going to drive the :burnout:Vette to PA?

Haven't decided yet. It might come down to whichever one is cleaner that Friday. :D

After driving the Jetta he has forgotten how to drive the vette. He is now afraid of the power. :lol:

Yes, I have to put on a clean diaper after every ride! :willy:

Good to hear, Jeff. Check out the Golf VI forum on Vortex regarding the Bluetooth issue... the BT in these VW is really screwy but there's usually a fix that some user has discovered.

And I'm right there with you on the sunroof... that switch is needlessly complex with all the stop. Crazy.

If you get interested in all the VAG-COM tweaking I have a micro-can cable I'd be happy to let you borrow. You can do some neat stuff with it... disable the DRLs, make the windows go up/down via the keyfob, etc.

My Vette's been getting ignored a lot lately, too. I just washed and BSG'd it, though, so maybe I'll be more inclined to drive it around a bit more. And now I find myself wishing it was a 6-speed, too. I'm having way too much fun with the VW. :2thumbs:

later...

Rich

That's very cool, I didn't know about that! I'll talk to you more about that next week. I'm going to Chicago for the weekend tomorrow morning so I won't be on a computer until monday. But thanks!

Archived