Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Repair..

The Ryan

I was ready to purchase a new wheel for my camaro due to some road rash it got 2 weeks after buying the car.. $480 for a wheel was a bit pricey, so I did some research, and found a so cal business "Dr Wheel." Great service, same day appt. priced as quoted, only took 45min. Not 100% I still know where it is, but my wife can't find it anymore. Saved me $405... I'm happy!

Before:

Damage1.jpg

Damage2.jpg

Damage3.jpg

After:

Fixed1.jpg

Fixed2.jpg

Fixed3.jpg

Nope.. Basically they use a grinder, ground down the damaged area; then ground down about 12" of wheel to "blend" the paint and the wheel ( they don't use any fillers ). Once they have a neat even surface from the grinder, they mix a lacquer based paint by hand (this was impressive) reshoot the area with a airbrush (and blend); re-clear; done.

The rim stayed on the car.. it took about 45 minutes because the silver on these camaro's has a black base coat, so it was a bit more difficult to match.. Overall I'm VERY happy with this form of repair. It's 99% and just like paint correction, you just can't be overly critical.

Nope.. Basically they use a grinder, ground down the damaged area; then ground down about 12" of wheel to "blend" the paint and the wheel ( they don't use any fillers ). Once they have a neat even surface from the grinder, they mix a lacquer based paint by hand (this was impressive) reshoot the area with a airbrush (and blend); re-clear; done.

The rim stayed on the car.. it took about 45 minutes because the silver on these camaro's has a black base coat, so it was a bit more difficult to match.. Overall I'm VERY happy with this form of repair. It's 99% and just like paint correction, you just can't be overly critical.

I had a wheel repaired several months ago, and it sounds like your experience was a positive one like mine. I also paid $75 for the repair, and the wheel looks good as new. Tire stayed on the car. My wheels also have a black base coat. Sounds like the process was extremely similar. Looks good! :thumbsup:

Archived