Customer Service 866.965.0400

Admit it...you've got a problem...

XQIZT

Question

How many of you look at other cars as you drive around and think "Aw man, look at those swirls!" or "I bet I can make that look real nice with some SHR/FMP....etc" or "WOW, I wonder if he's using Adam's on that ____."

I just had to laugh at myself today as I drove in, looking at different cars and thinking about what their finish needed.

:help::help:

Saw a car today that made me want to cry.

Went to local performance store to look for some new wheels for the Coupe. I parked next to a GT40....... I'm thinking kit-car for sure but the antique designation plates make me wonder.

I go in and ask what kit it was. No kit, real thing, right down to the massive Hoosier street slicks. Or so he says, not entirely convinced.LOL

The car was filthy! To the point someone put a happy face on the right side lexan. It was enough to make your eyes bleed.

My wife doesn't have 'detailers disease' b/c she just doesn't understand my love of all things automotive, but she has on more than one occasion commented on the shabby appearance of vehicles on the road.

Last night we were at a light behind a black silverado SS... my headlights revealed SWIRL CITY on the tailgate and she said "Thats not supposed to be like that is it?"

Hey... I love her... but shes definitely not the detailing type.

I saw a GP at the gym that looked to have a wool pad and a rotary used on it. It was black and MAN was it bad... One of the worst I've seen in person in fact.

Chris

yeah my buddies black ram is the same way. It looked nothing like my paint and I havent done any correction to my paint and his is newer than mine.

Glad its not only me. I notice swirl marks on just about every car now. Bad thing about it is I haven't even used the product yet. It just came in yesterday. Oh smells so good. I take a wif of it just before I go to sleep.

Glad its not only me. I notice swirl marks on just about every car now. Bad thing about it is I haven't even used the product yet. It just came in yesterday. Oh smells so good. I take a wif of it just before I go to sleep.

lol. use some leather conditioner with your hands to rub it into the seats and you will be smelling your hands afterwards. people will look at you like your crazy trust me i know ive done it. :D

My problem is not just swirls, it's dirty rides too (specially really nice cars that owners just don't care about). I always look at the them and think "Man how can they treat their car like that!" I feel dirty when my ride is not cleaned up to it best! Thats the reason why I found Adam's products. I have always been pretty sucessful (or what I thought was sucessful) at keeping my rides their best with those products you find at their local store. Then we bought my wife the used M35 and one day after I cleaned it I follwed her going down the interstate and I couldn't even look at it knowing I was one of those swirled up rides on the road. Thats when I found Adam's. Now I just can't stop bugging everyone about removing swirls.:pc:

What really gets me is there is a "Quick Detail Car Wash" down the road from my office and I see all these benz and beamers come out of the auto carwash and watch 5 or 6 guys with rags just rub the swirls in. I shed a tear every time I pass it.:help:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who does this.

When I bought my truck, I asked the dealer if they would PLEASE not detail it before I picked it up. They were a little puzzled so I explained to them that I did not want extra swirls with my purchase and that I would detail it myself.

Steve

:jester: Glad I'm not the only one.

I've seen a lot of cars that have "stripes" on their plastic unpainted parts...it looks similar to the pattern that the PC leaves when polishing. Looks terrible.

I know I have a problem, it's nice to hear that you guys have come to grips with it too. Once a therapist joins this forum, he or she will make a living just off us. I think the actual diagnosis is AUTOCD. Their really is only a temporary cure and it goes something like this:

Wash

Clay Bar

SHR or FMP as needed

Americana

Brilliant Spray Glaze

Detail Spray or Waterless Wash in between severe episodes of AUTOCD if necessary.

I hope this helped you and you are able to make it to your next session with the PC.

How many of you look at other cars as you drive around and think "Aw man, look at those swirls!" or "I bet I can make that look real nice with some SHR/FMP....etc" or "WOW, I wonder if he's using Adam's on that ____."

I just had to laugh at myself today as I drove in, looking at different cars and thinking about what their finish needed.

:help::help:

how about when the handyman that worked on the house your renting came to fix a bunch of issues, and instead of paying him, i buffed out a 2 ft long section of pretty harsh scratches instead??

Yeah, I'm definitely guilty. Everywhere I go I look at other cars in the light and I'm just in disgust. I can't believe how many swirls these cars have. I'll tell you what Junkman told me,....people who have swirls don't even know it, nor do they see them, until you reveal to them the matrix. But what I've come to believe is that swirls are unavoidable. You can take all the swirls out of your car, but some how when you drive it for a day and come back home, miraculously they're baaaccckkkk. At least you know your car will be 95 percent cleaner than every other car on the road.

After realizing I can't keep my car 100% swirl free, I'm comfortable knowing that whatever swirls my car does have, they're light and faint, even barely visible to me. So I'm happy. Now when I can walk up to my car, look straight ahead, and without having to tilt my head to the side, see swirls or marks in my paint,... THEN the car needs to be seriously polished. I have none that are easily visible. I'm content.:patriot:

Yeah, I'm definitely guilty. Everywhere I go I look at other cars in the light and I'm just in disgust. I can't believe how many swirls these cars have. I'll tell you what Junkman told me,....people who have swirls don't even know it, nor do they see them, until you reveal to them the matrix. But what I've come to believe is that swirls are unavoidable. You can take all the swirls out of your car, but some how when you drive it for a day and come back home, miraculously they're baaaccckkkk. At least you know your car will be 95 percent cleaner than every other car on the road.

After realizing I can't keep my car 100% swirl free, I'm comfortable knowing that whatever swirls my car does have, they're light and faint, even barely visible to me. So I'm happy. Now when I can walk up to my car, look straight ahead, and without having to tilt my head to the side, see swirls or marks in my paint,... THEN the car needs to be seriously polished. I have none that are easily visible. I'm content.:patriot:

Thats all you can do.. especially if you drive it every day.

Then there is the other end of the spectrum.

Got behind an 80 or 81 Lincoln Town Car yesterday. White vinal on red and it looked so abolutely perfect that it was literally distracting me from my driving. Well he pulled into a parking lot so I played stalker.

Turns out that this was the second time I had randomly come up to this elderly gent in the last couple years. The first time was to inquire about his front plate on his other car, aka his DD. It was a 1st Special Service Force plate. The gentleman was one of the famous Devil's Brigade.

This time we talked about the car and not his time in the 1st SSF. He had it since new, 30 years old and 14,000 km on it. And the finish? Yeah it was as close to perfect as you are likely to see on anything that ain't a trailer queen.

Archived