Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone got/getting an iPad?

Marylander

Amazing! Guy here at work bought one. I will have one.

I just bought a new AV receiver so just want to save up a bit more... lol

64gb for me... May say screw it and get the 3G one but not sure...

Overall impression... I'm coming from having 3 iPhones and and iPod touch and a couple of Macs. First impression was great screen resolution, instant on like an iPhone or touch in sleep mode. MUCH smoother graphics then iP or iT. Scrolling is SMOOTH... iPhoto on it is amazing. Upscaling of iP and iT apps is VERY good. iPad apps are amazing. Basically if you have an iPhone and like it, you'll LOVE the iPad.

Hence why I want/need one...:willy:

Chris

Honestly I think its cool, but it fills a niche I don't have.... If I want to browse the web or do other stuff I have an imac on my desk and a relatively small, light, easy, quick macbook.

They both have all my music, video, and pictures on them networked via a time capsule.

If I want to listen to music and get my 'touchscreen fix' I have my ipod touch...

Other than maybe the reader functions I just can't see why I "need" one and even then rather than getting another web enabled device I'd probably grab a kindle.

Anyone have any hands-on, real experience with one? What are your thoughts?

I picked up one. I'm a tech freak so I may be biased. Didn't go with the 3G. I have verizon's MiFi appliance that lets me get on via WiFi. For me it was a buy for surfing the net in the den and watching movies on the plane while I travel. It is blazing fast with the internet, and unlike my laptop with figgin Vista on it, :explode: it doesn't lock up. I'm a BlackBerry guy. Can't seem to get the feel for the touch screen of the iPhone, but the iPad keyboard is very easy and friendly to navigate. I'm glad I bought it.

I was on the fence for a long time, after playing with one the other day.. I would like to own one.. but broke.gif is a problem @ 599 for a decent sized machine.

My MacBook will suffice until the iPad takes over the world.

My wife wanted the iPad and I said that if they had any left at Best Buy then I would buy her one. We walked into Best Buy the afternoon on the day the iPads were released and they did not have any iPad 16GB left but of course they did have the the 32GB and 64GB, so I bought my wife the 32GB iPad. It's a great device, I thought that it would just be like a very large iTouch but it seems to be able to do alot more because of the bigger screen. Still trying to pry from my wife's hand to be able to play with it. I might need to buy one for myself.:D

I personally will be waiting for the next release. The device has SOO much potential, but is still lacking in many ways. Granted, the new OS that will be released sometime late summer will take care of a lot of them, but I will still wait.

No need to be the jilted 'non-3G' iPhone user.

I personally will be waiting for the next release. The device has SOO much potential, but is still lacking in many ways. Granted, the new OS that will be released sometime late summer will take care of a lot of them, but I will still wait.

No need to be the jilted 'non-3G' iPhone user.

I was going to do that and then I thought "wait... I can buy the gen II when it comes out..." lol

I'd like to see iChat and a camera on the display side like my Macs have. I think the only thing keeping it from happening now is processor speed. iChat is a heavy program to run.

I think they're 80% of the way there. I think the aftermarket companies will fill in another say... 5-7% and Apple will fill in the rest with gen II.

I can't wait for 4.0 on my iPhone... MULTITASKING BABY!!! :banana::banana:

While I don't have a pressing need for one, I'm tempted to grab a 3G version for light travel and general around the house kicking/books/web surfing. Plus, I'm betting the app community is going to come out with some really ingenious uses for this thing.

Still, I'm having a hard time committing to spending the dough. :willy::willy:

I was going to do that and then I thought "wait... I can buy the gen II when it comes out..." lol

I'd like to see iChat and a camera on the display side like my Macs have. I think the only thing keeping it from happening now is processor speed. iChat is a heavy program to run.

I think they're 80% of the way there. I think the aftermarket companies will fill in another say... 5-7% and Apple will fill in the rest with gen II.

I can't wait for 4.0 on my iPhone... MULTITASKING BABY!!! :banana::banana:

To me, the main use I would use this for is internet and without flash there just isn't any reason to buy this device since such a large chunk of the internet is inaccessible because of that. I really dislike Apple's business plan of screwing over their customers to try to shift the entire industry away from Flash. Not that I like Flash, but it is everywhere and is really annoying to not have support for it.

As for 4.0, I can't wait either! I only have a 3G phone so all of the new features won't be available but the rumor is a new iPhone will be coming in July and I will upgrade to it to take full advantage of 4.0 then. Folders will be awesome as well, I would love to group my apps by type so I don't have to scroll 6 screens. lol

To me, the main use I would use this for is internet and without flash there just isn't any reason to buy this device since such a large chunk of the internet is inaccessible because of that. I really dislike Apple's business plan of screwing over their customers to try to shift the entire industry away from Flash. Not that I like Flash, but it is everywhere and is really annoying to not have support for it.

As for 4.0, I can't wait either! I only have a 3G phone so all of the new features won't be available but the rumor is a new iPhone will be coming in July and I will upgrade to it to take full advantage of 4.0 then. Folders will be awesome as well, I would love to group my apps by type so I don't have to scroll 6 screens. lol

Yes and no... You're seeing more and more websites going to HTML5 for this very reason.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/03/html5-for-ipad-wont-kill-flash-but-could-change-apps/

Flash is good and bad. Do you think it's fair that Flash try to make everyone use their software? ;)

Chris

Not defending flash. Anyone who makes a website function off of a 'separate install' program should be fired and never allowed to do web design ever again...

BUT, tons of sites do just that since flash has grown in popularity. I can't however fault Adobe for being the first with a good mousetrap.

I got one on day one since I need it for work. The iPad is great, but limited right now. For web surfing and book reading, it is awesome. I've barely touched my MacBook which was mainly being used for that since I got it.

There's so much more potential for it though. We've only scratched the surface so far. Once the apps for it get built out and mature the iPad will be a must have device. We're already seeing flashes of it with apps like SportsCenterXL. If you're a big sports guy, it's a must have. Live play by play at your fingertips for every game is too sweet. Especially if you were stuck in the airport while your baseball, basketball, and hockey team are playing like I was on Wednesday.

One negative side, (new marketing opportunity for Adam) the screen is really bad for finger prints. You don't see it while the screen is on, but when it's off the glass looks like one big smudge. They stay on well too. Wiping the screen with my t-shirt does no remove them at all. I did find though that the new double softs are amazing on it. One wipe across the screen and everything is gone. I was amazed at how well it worked.

On the iPad, I really haven't noticed the lack of it. Where I usually run into flash the most is with video embedded in blog posts. I don't play the flash based games at all. Thanks to youtube and vimeo supporting html5 now, those embedded cases are not an issue. Safari on the iPad automatically loads the html5 version of them instead of the flash version. So you end up with the same experience.

I applaude Apple for not including flash. :bravo: The quicker we get sites to stop using it and to move to html5 the better. It bogs down surfing more than anything else on the web. Since I started using a flash blocker on my macs, surfing has become a lot more enjoyable. Pages load a lot faster, Safari has less issues, and I don't see any of the annoying flash ads. I will not cry once it finally dies.

Can't wait! I really want a faster device, my 3G is chugging.

The S is noticeably quicker... Side by side test is surprising.

When I free memory I have 165MB whereas with my old 3G I'd have 50 or 60.

Chris

Archived