Customer Service 866.965.0400

G8 seats?

whiterp199

Question

Do they ever stop soaking up leather conditioner? I keep putting it on and in two days they look all dried out again. Am I fighting a lost cause or did they just dry out that much while it sat on the dealer lot. They were born over a year before I got any of Adams conditioner on them. They seem to be much softer now, but they still look dry in a couple days. I have put a whole bottle into them since December.

Edited by whiterp199

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Have you done the hand applying method with gobs of leather cleaner?? I did this on the first time and then use the applicator on them now. I did front and back with hands the first time around. I smelled like leather for days.....:lolsmack:

Here's a few pics of what mine looked like after the hand app, and they still look the same now since I put it on so often.

705329760_Pc7Bx-XL.jpg

705340841_J2zbX-XL.jpg

705338139_vi99Y-L.jpg

I just started the hand method. I think one more time and they will be good. My car sat in the sun for about 7 months before I purchased it, and then for another 5 after I purchased it and discovered Adams. They seem to be getting better now.

Oh my god Zeus, I have an MGM G8 GT and I would KILL for my interior to look like that.

I ordered my perfect interior kit last Thursday, but it still hasn't shipped yet but should be here soon.

What do you use and where?

The entire interior is covered in leather conditioner, dash, doors, seats, center console, panels in floorboard.....everything. I am addicted to it though, and put it on about once every two weeks....lol. So I think that might be why mine looks so dark and moist all the time. It took a few applications to get it to that level though. The only place I use VRT for interior purposes is the rubber seals around the door.

Ray don't feel bad. I bought my GXP and it was only a few days old, and I swear my seats are drier than any other G8 I've seen. Mine soak up every bit of conditioner I apply, but they are getting better....... slowly.

The entire interior is covered in leather conditioner, dash, doors, seats, center console, panels in floorboard.....everything. I am addicted to it though, and put it on about once every two weeks....lol. So I think that might be why mine looks so dark and moist all the time. It took a few applications to get it to that level though. The only place I use VRT for interior purposes is the rubber seals around the door.

sounds exactly like how I do mine as well. I forgot how many applications it took before the darkness stayed long enough to enjoy it, that leather is thirsty. but once it does, it looks fabulous :thumbsup:

sounds exactly like how I do mine as well. I forgot how many applications it took before the darkness stayed long enough to enjoy it, that leather is thirsty. but once it does, it looks fabulous :thumbsup:

Yeah it does huh. I was beginning to wonder when I first started putting it on the interior if it was ever gonna work. But I just kept at it like that for a while and finally got it to stop drying up overnight. Now I don't even wait for it to look dry. I have just made it a habit to throw LC at it about once every couple weeks. :lolsmack:

Mine finally looks good. I put over a whole bottle just on the seats before it looked good.

That might be about what it took for me. I was squirting gobs of it in my hand and just smearing it all over the seats after the red applicator wasn't doing much the first couple times. My hands smelled like the interior of the car for dayssss.....:lol:

Wow, absolutely amazing. It looks like a totally different car ya know? The G8 interior looks like a chalky black or dark grey because it's so dry.

Got an e-mail today saying that my Interior Kit shipped today, can't wait to try to get mine looking like yours in a few days. :bow:

Michael I agree with you completely. Even that rough surface of the dash area looks a lot better after getting some Leather Conditioner on it. I have gotten nice compliments when people get in the G8 and look over everything. Great Car!

Wow, absolutely amazing. It looks like a totally different car ya know? The G8 interior looks like a chalky black or dark grey because it's so dry.

Got an e-mail today saying that my Interior Kit shipped today, can't wait to try to get mine looking like yours in a few days. :bow:

I agree...it completely changes the look of the interior. Like 100% night and day. I'll add a couple of befores and afters to this post.

Michael I agree with you completely. Even that rough surface of the dash area looks a lot better after getting some Leather Conditioner on it. I have gotten nice compliments when people get in the G8 and look over everything. Great Car!

Yeah, the layout of the interior is simple, yet amazing IMO, for an american muscle car. I love getting in it everyday. :banana:

Here's a couple of comparisons for before and after. Now the after shot is after I had probably put like the 5th coat or so on there. This stuff is addicting....lol :willy:

These before pics are the same day I took delivery of the car from the dealer. :confused: Photos are 100% untouched, the lighting may have been a little different from one day to the other, but I didn't adjust anything on the pics. Then the afters are after about the 5th coat of Leather Conditioner over a few weeks time.

912463901_G3oqu-XL.jpg

705338139_vi99Y-XL.jpg

912465055_zqkfX-XL.jpg

705340841_J2zbX-XL.jpg

it just got here, and boy are you guys (and gal) right. This stuff smells AMAZING. I'm gonna slap it all on after work and see how it soaks it up after I clean it.

I have a feeling that I'll blaze through this entire bottle within the next week and get it good and moisturized, and then I'll order at least another bottle to replace it when the In and Out spray becomes available!

Quick question, I was so excited about the conditioner that I forgot the kit came with all this other stuff. Do you guys cut any of the interior, leather, or glass cleaners with water?

I don't, I used them all at full strength. The only thing I ever cut is APC if I need it for certain things other than the wheelwells on the car.

Quick question, I was so excited about the conditioner that I forgot the kit came with all this other stuff. Do you guys cut any of the interior, leather, or glass cleaners with water?

I use them at full strength. I have never had any problems. I do know many guys with the red leather in the newer mustangs have to cut the product with water. Just test the products on a small inconspicuous area to see if any color comes up. If it does cut the product and try again. You should be alright at full strength though.

Ok folks! I vacuumed and dusted the interior of my G8 (only 6,000 miles on a car thats a year and a half old, not that dirty) then I wiped everything down with the interior cleaner and a microfiber rag.

I then coated the entire dash, doors, and center console and armrest with a thin layer of the conditioner with the red interior pad.

Then I moved onto the seats where I ditched the pad for my bare hands and gobs and gobs of product. All in all I used about a fourth of the bottle I would say and my seats are looking nice and moisturized.

How long will these take to dry so that I can apply again? I want to get these bad boys good and soaked so that in the future I won't have to use so much each time.

Thanks again! Thanks Adam!

I would wait til tomorrow and then go back over the seats with the red pad on any areas of the leather that look like they are splotchy. I had to do this a couple of times after applying by hand so that everything looked evened out. It's easy, after the first couple applications you will get used to it. Dont be scared to coat some areas with a good coat of the stuff. The more saturated I get the red applicator the better the dash and door panels and stuff seem to look.