Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman at Camaro 5 Fest

Dr Jkel

Question

I had the pleasure of attending Camaro 5 Fest in Valdosta, Georgia this past weekend, but it was made especially great when I got to meet and spend some time with the World Famous Junkman.

I am not sure how many people visited A.J., but I know that I sure did and got to spend a coule of hours in the hot sun learning some neat things.

I just wanted to personally Thank Adam for being a vendor at Camaro Fest and sending resources to a new event, even though it was a little crazy at first, it got better as they day went on, and am sure that next year will be a little more organized.

To A.J., you are the Truth. You were gracious, even with all my questions. Truely a great person, and I do really appreciate the time and attention you took with me and others who had questions. I look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for my personal detailing clinic.

I have some pictures that I will post when I get home, I'm sure A.J. Will post some also, what he did on the rental car was amazing, pictures will not do it justice.

And Oh yeah, we had a blast at Outback, I'm still full, LOL

22 answers to this question

I just now clued in. I think.....

That was your rental car A.J.? Did your rep precede you? "Pssst, Bob, give this guy the scratched up Charger....."

They didn't even realize that it was scratched up to begin with. What I found out later was that the car was stolen with the first rental and they had to go repo it.

Oh that wasn't the only car he worked on, just the most damaged. We did have some Mustangs and Challengers come for the track events, a good time by all. A.J. you are quite welcome for dinner, it was my pleasure, Can't wait till next time.

Hey John, the pleasure was mine and the Outback was good to go! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have to admit that the Camaro guys were as much fun if not more fun than my fellow Corvette guys! These folks know how to party! I had a blast and can't wait for next year. I know that things will be a little better organized! :xfingers:

As for the car in question, here's the deal. Someone had scratched this car from the front fender all the way to the back of the rear door. The scratch was relatively deep. To make matters worse, they use blobs of touch-up paint to attempt to fix the scratch. After seeing how much worse the touch-up paint looked, they attempted to wipe the touch up paint off the car, That did nothing but smear the paint everywhere. The final dagger was when they parked the car with the paint still wet in what appeared to be a sand storm. Here's what the car looked like after I finally noticed it (I didn't notice this when I picked up the car because it was overcast).

c5fest1.jpg

c5fest6.jpg

c5fest6a.jpg

c5fest7.jpg

c5fest8.jpg

c5fest9.jpg

c5fest10.jpg

c5fest11.jpg

These action shots are courtesy of a different John at The Shutter Group. They do event photography. Notice my buffing face! :willy:

c5fest12.jpg

c5fest13.jpg

... and now for the finished product!

c5fest14.jpg

c5fest15.jpg

c5fest16.jpg

c5fest17.jpg

c5fest18.jpg

c5fest19.jpg

Here we are, after getting our grub on. Don't we look happy? I was about to pass out. I hadn't been to bed in two days! :D

c5fest20.jpg

Thanks again John for dinner! :banana:

The wife and I want to try to make it out to Carlisle or something this year and meet up with these guys.

I also have the National G8 meet here in town in August that I hope AJ will attend.

Chris

Ray you are in for a treat! AJ and Adam together at dinner should be interesting to say the least. The clinics get a little crowded and crazy with all of us trying to pry knowledge from both of them. John I know what you mean about learning from these guys and they are so unselfish and willing to answer the same questions over and over. It sure doesn't hurt that they are real characters too!

From everything I heard I imagine would be a fun time. Unfortunately I am not going to make it to dinner. :(

Ray you are in for a treat! AJ and Adam together at dinner should be interesting to say the least. The clinics get a little crowded and crazy with all of us trying to pry knowledge from both of them. John I know what you mean about learning from these guys and they are so unselfish and willing to answer the same questions over and over. It sure doesn't hurt that they are real characters too!

Funny thing is there was a lull in the action and it was AJ, me and a messed up rental car. So I kinda got my own little detail clinic for a bit. It was so cool to say the least. Then we had a blast at Outback with Chris, Dent Removal guy and AJ. Great fun.

Archived