Customer Service 866.965.0400

You have got to be kidding...

fdresq4

Question

I just tried out my new Adam's Bucket, Grit Guard, Car Soap, and JUMBO WASH PAD!

I put the pad down and then some soap. I filled the bucket with water and then I THREW MY BACK OUT! I tried to pull the water and soap logged JUMBO PAD out of the bucket! WOW is that thing heavy but what a pleasure to be able to wash such a large area!

Be forewarned for new users, pack a lunch and invite a friend over to help you get that JUMBO PAD out!

Steve

24 answers to this question

i use the jumbo pads for the top of my truck and a small one for the bottom of my truck this way i know where i washed and what i washed with and i can keep the bottom crap seperate from the rest of the truck. the only thing i dont like is the dirt stays tangled in the nap and i have a hard time getting stuff out even with a grit guard on the bottom

You might be a prime candidate for the new IMPROVED wash pads... the fibers are shorter, but the pad is denser, so its less apt to tangle up like that. On my old pads I actually used a very wide tooth comb on occasion if I got something stuck in there like that... it was rare, but I know what you mean, when you get something jammed in there good its hard to get it out.

I got to use the new wash pad this weekend. It was much easier to get clean and the fibers didn't tangle up like the old ones!:)

I love the jumbo pad, although I don't have the new improved jumbo pad! It's great on the truck, use it for top half and smaller one for bottom half. I also use it on the cars, since I don't have a foam gun, I grab it and squeeze over the car. Make sure you have a full bucket of water because after about 3 dips with the jumbo it will be empty.

Might have to try the new ones next time I order something because I to experience stuff getting stuck in the nap. Mainly the small pad because I use it down along the bottom where the wheels sling stuff up. I try to give the ride a good hose blasting before washing to avoid that though. Takes a little time cleaning pads afterwards but they are still kick a**!:2thumbs:

Had the Goat out yesterday for a little work with my "Tuner". She needed a bath badly by the time I got her home (70 mile trip, each way). So I figured I'd give the jumbo pad it's first try. Wiping the roof line the other end **** near hit the ground! This sucker is huge.

I agree with a couple earlier posts: I perfer the "mit" type. I was really afraid I was going to drop the thing. And, I washed the front end last and the "bug jerky" left in the nap was really hard to get out.

All, in all, the pad is nice. It really picks up and holds the soap/foam and water helping to eliminate wash induced marring.

you know if your off next friday and sat you can take a ride with me to the grabiak detail and have dinner with adam its about a five hour ride from here, i have a hotel room im sure i can get split beds let me know maybe we can split the room/.

LMAO... it is a beast of a wash pad... when I was testing the new pad construction I started with the small pad and it worked great, went to pull the jumbo out of the bucket and almost fell over... when I did get it out of there it pretty much emptied the bucket!! LOL... it holds an OBSCENE amount of soapy water... I don't think theres a more effective way to wash! You could park 2 cars close together and almost get them with a single swipe!! :thumbsup:

In all seriousness it is nice on big vehicles... I never needed a jumbo w/ the TBSS b/c it was relatively small for a "midsized SUV" but with the Avy the jumbo pad is awesome!

Now, if I can just get a foam gun...:willy:

Nope, still the wash pad... Adams used to have a mit style product, but after watching people use, more often than not people would keep their hand on the outside. Based on that we've gone to and stuck with the wash pad style.

You might be a prime candidate for the new IMPROVED wash pads... the fibers are shorter, but the pad is denser, so its less apt to tangle up like that. On my old pads I actually used a very wide tooth comb on occasion if I got something stuck in there like that... it was rare, but I know what you mean, when you get something jammed in there good its hard to get it out.

You know you have a problem when you steal your wifes brushes to take care of your wash pads :lol:

Is it the type that you can put your hand into like a mitt?

Nope, still the wash pad... Adams used to have a mit style product, but after watching people use, more often than not people would keep their hand on the outside. Based on that we've gone to and stuck with the wash pad style.

i use the jumbo pads for the top of my truck and a small one for the bottom of my truck this way i know where i washed and what i washed with and i can keep the bottom crap seperate from the rest of the truck. the only thing i dont like is the dirt stays tangled in the nap and i have a hard time getting stuff out even with a grit guard on the bottom

LMAO... it is a beast of a wash pad... when I was testing the new pad construction I started with the small pad and it worked great, went to pull the jumbo out of the bucket and almost fell over... when I did get it out of there it pretty much emptied the bucket!! LOL... it holds an OBSCENE amount of soapy water... I don't think theres a more effective way to wash! You could park 2 cars close together and almost get them with a single swipe!! :thumbsup:

In all seriousness it is nice on big vehicles... I never needed a jumbo w/ the TBSS b/c it was relatively small for a "midsized SUV" but with the Avy the jumbo pad is awesome!

I just tried out my new Adam's Bucket, Grit Guard, Car Soap, and JUMBO WASH PAD!

I put the pad down and then some soap. I filled the bucket with water and then I THREW MY BACK OUT! I tried to pull the water and soap logged JUMBO PAD out of the bucket! WOW is that thing heavy but what a pleasure to be able to wash such a large area!

Before warned for new users, pack a lunch and invite a friend over to help you get that JUMBO PAD out!

Steve

You gotta hit the gym before doing a full detail, ya wuss. :lolsmack:

Archived