Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Wash Buckets?

hawgfan

Question

So I am thinking about buying a couple of them, so far i have been using 2 5 gallon buckets with grit guards in them, but I have noticed that the grit guards move around alot on the bottom. The grit guard moves along with the wash pad, when I try and move it across, so it's like it's not really doing any good. My question is do the grit guards fit snugg at the bottom of the Adam's Buckets or do they move around like they do in the 5 gallon buckets.

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya you can shake them off however like I said with a little agitation from the wash pad it will float back up some and then resettles itself. I tried adding the grit guard before and after adding the water. Doing it after helps some however like I said if you agitate the water it tends to float up. Personally its not a big issue however when scrubbing the wash pad you do need to use both hands.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Some plastic items will just float depending on the composition.

Certain blends of plastic are lighter than the water they displace others are neutral and some are heavier. It just depend on the components that make up the plastic.

I've been on the lake here and seen plastic bottle caps floating and they seem solid enough that they should just sink.

I don't have any Grit Guards yet but it could be a difference in the which company is making the guards too.

I am not sure if there is more than one company making a product marketed as a "grit guard "or not.

Is the device patented and only one place making them?

It could explain the floaters.:confused:

Floating Grit Guards, wire ties, zero gravity planets....this is one funny thread, :lolsmack::lolsmack:It had me rolling! FYI, mine have been loose since day 1, but have never floated.

If you don't like your grit guards spinning, get the bucket caddies! They are awesome, and definately help my back out. The tightening screws are right in line with the grit guards....so no spinning. Haha. Dylan's the man, and says it doesn't stir up dirt, if you rub on the guard correctly, so it's not an issue. Just searching old threads, and thought I'd FYI. I noticed this when washing my cahhhh today. For now on, I keep the screws loose when not in use, to forgoe stress on the buckets, and tighten the screws on the caddies during the wash. Word.

Mines are semi loose, the best solution I found for this is the Bucket Caddy! I tighten the caddy's screws a little harder than normal around the bucket and VOILA, the pressure from the screws on the bucket tighten the bucket so the Grit Guard doesn't move :)

Here are some pics of the grit guard floating. The bucket was filled up with cold water inside my bathtub. It floated about 5 mins and with some help from me it finally settle down. However when agitated it tends to come back up.

Did you fill it up before or after you put the guard in?

I'm assuming after you put it in.

Here are some pics of the grit guard floating. The bucket was filled up with cold water inside my bathtub. It floated about 5 mins and with some help from me it finally settle down. However when agitated it tends to come back up.

2011-01-25_16-16-42_760.jpg

2011-01-25_16-16-52_743.jpg

Yeah mine will sit level with the water...

Pics=million words...

Chris

2011-01-25_16-16-42_760.jpg

2011-01-25_16-16-52_743.jpg

I'm with you, never had one even try to float. Im not even clear as to how it would/could float? Its a giant grid with no way for it to trap air/soap for buoyancy. Are you guys putting them in BEFORE or AFTER you fill the bucket with soap?

And on what low gravity planet? :jester:

I never had mine to float either! That is weird!:help:

I'm with you, never had one even try to float. Im not even clear as to how it would/could float?

Have the 2 finger holes been punched out? Mine floated with I first got it because there was still plastic in the holes where you put your fingers.

I put the grit guard in then out in the wash pad followed by the shampoo. I then poor in the water and remove the washpad then floats up the grit guard. The rinse bucket I add water and the grit guard floats.

Chris I was thinking the same thing.

Floats? Now thats weird... how in the heck does yours float?

Not sure but I shoot you not... It can float... I think what happens is as it's filling air bubbles attach to it and float it to the top. With the wire ties, it keeps it on the bottom.

Has anyone used clear silicon to seal the top of the bucket so when you dump it out ALL the water goes OUT and doesn't get trapped? I think I'm going to do that in the spring.

Chris

LMAO!!!!!^^^

I use some 5 gal buckets that came from the big orange box. My grit guard does not spin. My grit guard does not float. It does it's job, and sits down nicely in the bottom of the bucket.

It makes no difference if I place the guard in before or after water.

I've never had a grit guard float, that is odd.

I'm with you, never had one even try to float. Im not even clear as to how it would/could float? Its a giant grid with no way for it to trap air/soap for buoyancy. Are you guys putting them in BEFORE or AFTER you fill the bucket with soap?

And on what low gravity planet? :jester:

Guys... let me settle something for you... if they fit snug in the bucket you'd never be able to pull them out easily when it came time to clean the bucket or use the grit guard as a stand while you wash pads.

If you're using them as designed the grit guard needs to be like a wash board, so back and forth movements are all you'd need to clean the pad effectively. If thats the movement you're making the grit guard shouldn't be spinning.

If you don't want it to spin the solution of adding a zip tie isn't a bad idea, but in the end you really don't want it to be in there snug as it won't be able to be pulled back out.

Yes but without the ties they float to the top Dylan... Snug is all I wanted. The ties keep it from floating.

Chris

Archived