Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Wash Buckets?

hawgfan

Question

So I am thinking about buying a couple of them, so far i have been using 2 5 gallon buckets with grit guards in them, but I have noticed that the grit guards move around alot on the bottom. The grit guard moves along with the wash pad, when I try and move it across, so it's like it's not really doing any good. My question is do the grit guards fit snugg at the bottom of the Adam's Buckets or do they move around like they do in the 5 gallon buckets.

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have to bang my Adams bucket upside down to loosen the grit guard, but it is loose in a 5 gallon bucket. I like the idea of the wire tie around the outside. There is just a wealth of information on this forum.

Some 5 gallon buckets are different diameters in the bottom. My buckets from a playing card hardware store made the grit guards tight, but the guards were not touching the bottom, about 1/2 off the bottom. The homer buckets let the fins touch the bottom, but are slightly loose. I would rather have the fins touch the bottom to block the water movement (like a circular swirling of the wash water.

My buckets are BRAND NEW used once just this last Saturday and they are VERY loose in the bottom.

I'll try the tie wrap idea because IMO it's like a big propeller stirring up the crap in the bottom.

My buckets are BRAND NEW used once just this last Saturday and they are VERY loose in the bottom.

I'll try the tie wrap idea because IMO it's like a big propeller stirring up the crap in the bottom.

Thats unusual, but even if it is moving the finned design should keep the turbulence at a minimum... thats the reason they're designed the way they are.

Mine fit snug and the buckets all come from the same source and haven't changed, neither have the grit guards so I'm wondering why yours would be so loose?

Another thing you could do is cut a strip off of a foam block applicator and jam it between the side of the buck and the grit guard to keep it form moving.

Thats unusual, but even if it is moving the finned design should keep the turbulence at a minimum... thats the reason they're designed the way they are.

Mine fit snug and the buckets all come from the same source and haven't changed, neither have the grit guards so I'm wondering why yours would be so loose?

Another thing you could do is cut a strip off of a foam block applicator and jam it between the side of the buck and the grit guard to keep it form moving.

I'll look into taking a video of it to show you what it's doing. It's VERY loose.:(

ok so they are suppose to be tight at the bottom, that is what I was thinking, I will try the few suggestions I saw and if that don't work I needed something else to order anyway so why not lol, I've only spent like $1000 in the last few months so whats another 50 lol. Thanks for the help.

My grit guards were a little loose in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, so they rotated, and slid around when I was scrubbing the wash pad on them.

Using large white zip ties (wire ties) I put one on each quarter (each 90 degrees) of the upper ring of the grit guard with the little square lock on the outside of the upper ring so it would take up extra space in the bucket and give a little more grip. They now are a lot less free to rotate. I may have to try a slice of foam block to really lock them down.

Edited by Doug123

That's why it's important to buy the Adam's buckets along with the Grit Guard. They are designed to work together. Both my buckets are from Adam's and one is at least 6 years old. Grit Guards are tough to get out!

I have a bunch of Adam's buckets in stock with Grit Guards in them and all the guards are "sticky." I also have a couple 3.5 gal blue buckets from Grit Guard I bought in preparation of putting together a Wheel Cleaning Kit. The Grit Guard buckets are not transparent like the Adam's buckets, but same quality and made to work with the Grit Guard. The Adam's buckets come with lids too!

I tried putting a Grit Guard in a 5 gal bucket from Home Depot and it did not fit well. Would not go to the bottom of the bucket. Repeating myself, but it's best to use the correct bucket.

A few months ago, I brought one of my grit guards to Lowe's with me. There weren't any buckets that had the "perfect" fit. I opted for 2 5-gallon buckets (like $2 each) that the guard fit on the bottom, but were a little loose.

The trick is to get the ties that everyone is referring to. I didn't have extra zip ties, but cut up some extra picture hanger cord that I had laying around. All I did was wrap the outer edge of the guard with about 2" of cord and it fits very snuggly now :). I can even flip the bucket upside down and the guard stays at the bottom firmly :thumbsup:.

That's why it's important to buy the Adam's buckets along with the Grit Guard. They are designed to work together. Both my buckets are from Adam's and one is at least 6 years old. Grit Guards are tough to get out!

I have a bunch of Adam's buckets in stock with Grit Guards in them and all the guards are "sticky." I also have a couple 3.5 gal blue buckets from Grit Guard I bought in preparation of putting together a Wheel Cleaning Kit. The Grit Guard buckets are not transparent like the Adam's buckets, but same quality and made to work with the Grit Guard. The Adam's buckets come with lids too!

I tried putting a Grit Guard in a 5 gal bucket from Home Depot and it did not fit well. Would not go to the bottom of the bucket. Repeating myself, but it's best to use the correct bucket.

My Adams came as a package and they spun freely... I used ties as stated above... They're better, but not perfect. I'm half tempted to epoxy them to the bottom. Would make cleaning a royal PITA though.

Chris