Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Wash Buckets?

hawgfan

Question

So I am thinking about buying a couple of them, so far i have been using 2 5 gallon buckets with grit guards in them, but I have noticed that the grit guards move around alot on the bottom. The grit guard moves along with the wash pad, when I try and move it across, so it's like it's not really doing any good. My question is do the grit guards fit snugg at the bottom of the Adam's Buckets or do they move around like they do in the 5 gallon buckets.

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grit guards were a little loose in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, so they rotated, and slid around when I was scrubbing the wash pad on them.

Using large white zip ties (wire ties) I put one on each quarter (each 90 degrees) of the upper ring of the grit guard with the little square lock on the outside of the upper ring so it would take up extra space in the bucket and give a little more grip. They now are a lot less free to rotate. I may have to try a slice of foam block to really lock them down.

That's why it's important to buy the Adam's buckets along with the Grit Guard. They are designed to work together. Both my buckets are from Adam's and one is at least 6 years old. Grit Guards are tough to get out!

I have a bunch of Adam's buckets in stock with Grit Guards in them and all the guards are "sticky." I also have a couple 3.5 gal blue buckets from Grit Guard I bought in preparation of putting together a Wheel Cleaning Kit. The Grit Guard buckets are not transparent like the Adam's buckets, but same quality and made to work with the Grit Guard. The Adam's buckets come with lids too!

I tried putting a Grit Guard in a 5 gal bucket from Home Depot and it did not fit well. Would not go to the bottom of the bucket. Repeating myself, but it's best to use the correct bucket.

A few months ago, I brought one of my grit guards to Lowe's with me. There weren't any buckets that had the "perfect" fit. I opted for 2 5-gallon buckets (like $2 each) that the guard fit on the bottom, but were a little loose.

The trick is to get the ties that everyone is referring to. I didn't have extra zip ties, but cut up some extra picture hanger cord that I had laying around. All I did was wrap the outer edge of the guard with about 2" of cord and it fits very snuggly now :). I can even flip the bucket upside down and the guard stays at the bottom firmly :thumbsup:.

That's why it's important to buy the Adam's buckets along with the Grit Guard. They are designed to work together. Both my buckets are from Adam's and one is at least 6 years old. Grit Guards are tough to get out!

I have a bunch of Adam's buckets in stock with Grit Guards in them and all the guards are "sticky." I also have a couple 3.5 gal blue buckets from Grit Guard I bought in preparation of putting together a Wheel Cleaning Kit. The Grit Guard buckets are not transparent like the Adam's buckets, but same quality and made to work with the Grit Guard. The Adam's buckets come with lids too!

I tried putting a Grit Guard in a 5 gal bucket from Home Depot and it did not fit well. Would not go to the bottom of the bucket. Repeating myself, but it's best to use the correct bucket.

My Adams came as a package and they spun freely... I used ties as stated above... They're better, but not perfect. I'm half tempted to epoxy them to the bottom. Would make cleaning a royal PITA though.

Chris

Hmm... here I thought they were supposed to be loose, but after reading these posts and thinking that makes no sense. Mine has been loose from day one, in all different temperatures. Adams bucket and grit guard bought together.

Jon take them in the house, let them acclimate to the temp in the house, then see if they spin. Best advice, like the ones Eric has, mine are a pain to get out they are so snug.

Ill try that soon. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My Adam's bucket allows them to move around. They do not fit tight. Is this right? Cause that's how its always been.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3RBOb7Ld5ZQ" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Thats a video I just shot of what mine does. (Youtube is having problems they said the video should work soon.)

Is that what you guys are talking about?

Ignore my dad talking please.

Sorry its Portrait and not Landscape didnt remember to flip the phone and I'm not going back outside tonight BURRRR

My Adams came as a package and they spun freely... I used ties as stated above... They're better, but not perfect. I'm half tempted to epoxy them to the bottom. Would make cleaning a royal PITA though.

Chris

mine as well. I thought it was "normal" for them to spin. I have 2 sets. maybe the man will chime in and let us know how normal it is.

Archived