Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed: 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel

Zach5.9CTD

Well guys, heres some pics of my 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel that i decided i should clean up before this winter and get some protection on the paint!!

Heres my process (please understand, this was 99% Meguiars products used, as i hadnt heard of Adams yet)

Wash: Megs Gold Class, 2BM/Grit Guards, Wool mitt,

• Wheels/Tires: Westleys Bleche-Wite, Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
  • Fender Wells: APC+

Clay: Megs S.S. Clay Kit, Last Touch as Lube, also clayed windows, bumpers, exhaust tip.

Correction/Polish: M205, Polishing Pad, Speed 6,

• M205, Finishing Pad, Speed 6

LSP: M21 Syn. Sealant 2.0, Finishing Pad, Speed 3 x2

Ext. Trim: M40 on bumper caps, mirror housings, door handles, windshield cowl, inner fender wells, all seals around windows.

• Ext Chrome: Hot Rims Mag/Alum. Polish on bumpers, grille, exhaust tip, started on toolbox, but stopped after top.

Im sure theres more im missing, if you guys see anything that looks like it got attention but wasnt previously mentioned....please ask me and i will let you all know.

Befores: This is embarrassing....

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

Afters (noon-6:30 Sat. Noon to 5:30 Sun.(didnt even get interior started on :( )): Sorry for the super grainy pics.....had camera on wrong setting and was rushed!

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

Next Day:

New pics as promised!! Only things ive done since last night is dress tires with NXT Insane Shine Coating and used 135 Syn. Spray Detailer.

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

The door rust and fender dent have been fixed!

You know – and I don't say this being an Adam's fanboy or anything, and i'm not discounting all the hard work you put into this – but in all honestly I think that Adam's stuff truly makes silvers and whites glow and shimmer a lot more than the results you got. This being an Adam's forum you will of course get a lot of people agreeing with me, and I bet if you get a chance to try some Adam's polishes and waxes you'll see a difference yourself.

Welcome to AF. Enjoy yourself. :rockon:

Lets see a close up flash lighted picture of the paint... Has it been corrected or just cleaned?

I think a bit of Adams Under Carriage Spray is in need.

Keep up the good work!

Chris

thanks guys, i thought it came out good, i will be also adding my fathers truck i meguiarized as well as my 83 Chevy C10 that i show and drag race

You should do your dad's truck with Adam's and compare the two since you were wanting to do comparisons. And then post up the results. :2thumbs:

You should do your dad's truck with Adam's and compare the two since you were wanting to do comparisons. And then post up the results. :2thumbs:

:iagree:

With trucks I like to spray down the front and rear end too with whatever you used on the inside of your fenders. That way you don't have everything nice and clean and dirty axles/suspension standing out like a sore thumb. Although it is not easily seen standing next to truck, when someone is driving behind you they can see it! :2thumbs:

Archived