Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dust, Dust & More Dust

dumbmoran

Question

Used the Adams PC 7424XP Kit w/ the SHR, Polish and SMW.

(Thanks for the advice Dylan and your feedback Junkman)

Now I have a new enemy: it's DUST.

And the more I use my California Duster, the more the dust I see. Even after driving for an hour or two after filling up on gas, and making a clean dust off, accumulations of a new layer of dust start to form on the vehicle, which, btw, is black.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

And for those who may be thinking, I have no choice but to park the vehicle outdoors, 24X7.

5 answers to this question

Nature of the beast David... especially being outdoors and living in or near a major metropolitan area. Dust is just going to be more prevalent for you. Trade off is our friends living in more rural areas right now are fighting the horrible pollen clouds. Given the choice I'd take dust... pollen seems to be a far worse situation to contend with.

You can of course use Waterless Wash to augment your dusting with the Cali Duster, but at a certain point theres certain things we just have to live with and understand the world hates clean cars.

Used the Adams PC 7424XP Kit w/ the SHR, Polish and SMW.

(Thanks for the advice Dylan and your feedback Junkman)

Now I have a new enemy: it's DUST.

And the more I use my California Duster, the more the dust I see. Even after driving for an hour or two after filling up on gas, and making a clean dust off, accumulations of a new layer of dust start to form on the vehicle, which, btw, is black.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

And for those who may be thinking, I have no choice but to park the vehicle outdoors, 24X7.

Dude, I feel you totally! Since I got my new 2010 Camaro SS, I've developed OCD. lol. I use to clean my car 3 times a day, and I am very aware of this dust problem. You get your car, clean it up real nice, and with us leaving our cars outside overnight, in the morning when we wake up, BAM a light coat of dust is now everywhere on your otherwise "clean" car.

I hate it! And that's not it,....sometimes bugs will be stuck on my car within certain spots of moisture that develop overnight and they're a headache to get off. Let's not talk about when it rains. Well, I figured out a very simple way to cut down on my cleaning of my car and the number one way to avoid "waking up to dust". It's simple, buy a car cover! I purchased a NOAH 3 layer outdoor car cover, and quite frankly it works great!

Now, all I do at the end of the day is give my car a "touch up" with adams waterless wash or detail spray, then....cover the car! The next morning, remove the cover and no dust or bugs ANYWHERE! The car is still clean! Go on with your day as normal, then at the end of the day, if you know your not going out anymore, touch the car up and cover it. The cover even works for rain and snow. Just 3 days ago, there was some hard rain, rained from 5pm all the way until 8am. I took the car cover off at about 12 noon, and to my amazement, WOW, my car was dry as a desert. Despite a day and night of rain, no water OR DUST anywhere on my car. End of story,...buy a car cover. As far as going somewhere in public for a little while and then coming back to your car only to find dust on the hood or roof, remember this, dust...is unavoidable, and so is dirt. Dust may be unavoidable, but what I have come to find out is that the dust that sits atop your car in the morning or after your being out throughout the day, is VERY FAINT.

I've found out that while in public, people on the road, DO NOT see this dust. It's so faint until it's virtually invisible to everyone else, so try not to think too deep into it. Then again your car is black, and you can see everything. So just buy the cover, it's worth it.

Archived