Customer Service 866.965.0400

After Claying with Hard Water

Laguna

Question

I live out in the country. We have some pretty hard water (not drinkable).

I have to do enough when it comes to washing my car.

Everyone I know washes the car again after claybarring. What would you recommend me doing? I believe using my water after freshly claybarring would only make matters much much worse.

Also, between claybarring and polish, does the car have to be dry/should I clean it really well? or does that not matter?

6 answers to this question

I live out in the country. We have some pretty hard water (not drinkable).

I have to do enough when it comes to washing my car.

Everyone I know washes the car again after claybarring. What would you recommend me doing? I believe using my water after freshly claybarring would only make matters much much worse.

If you have deep pockets you can get a CR spotless system to filter your water. I believe they are about $370.

Also, between claybarring and polish, does the car have to be dry/should I clean it really well? or does that not matter?

Yes the car should be dry, and completely clean. If there is any lingering debris you will induce more swirls while polishing.

I would love the filter and I have a picture cut out from a magazine of what I want, the reality though is that it's been there for about 2 years, haha. I do NOT have deep pockets.

So whiterp199, you just do wash it again but get it dried ASAP? Then do a DS wipe down?

Yeah I wash it again, and use DS as I dry. When I am in Wisconsin which is where I have the hard water I can wash the car and pull it into the garage to dry it so I have a little more time before the water dries off. However If you dry your car right after washing and get a few water spots just hit them with DS and they will come right off. You car should be clean so there is not really any dirt in the water spots and they did not have time to adhere to the paint so they wipe right off. I am sure you know this but try not to wash your car in the sun. Even my Blue is hard to dry if I have to wash it in the sun. I can only imagine how quick black heats up.

Archived